ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake fluid refresh - So Many Threads - Confused - Help Please

Andyl20

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

As above, so may threads on this, specifically on the sequence of how to bleed. Some mention conflicting orders and some say is you are refreshing and not running the system dry it doesnt matter on the order.

For clarity I am looking to refresh fluid for the whole system, wanting to do this using a 1 person pressured bleed kit using bleed nipples whilst constantly topping up the reservoir so as not to risk running dry and causing issues with the ABS system.

So, as above, do I need to worry about a sequence of where I bleed from? Could I just use one of the fronts to refresh as much as I can and then work my way round the other 3 calipers to pull new fluid down to each?

As prescriptive advice or guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance all!

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I know your frustration mate, I've been there. Tradition is furthest away from the master so would be RNS, RFS, FNS & FFS.

If I remember correctly the conflicting info is about a cross formation of something like RFS, FNS, RNS & FFS or something like that which I think is wrong.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've always done the furthest away from the master cylinder first working toward the closest, never had an issue.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've bled my brakes in every combination know to man and its never made the slightest bit of difference.
As long as you keep the reservoir topped up you shouldn't have any problems.