ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake line issue

Clio 182 cup
Hi, does anyone know how to access the top 2 pipes of the part (don't know what it's called or the part number) where the brake lines run from the front of the car into the block which has 4 brake lines, 2 of which run to the back calipers. I have undone the nut slightly on the bottom 2, fluid is coming out, but need access to the top 2 to see if there blocked. The reason is I cannot get any fluid from the bleed nipple or brake line when the brake hose is removed for the rear offside caliper. Just trying to see if fluid is getting blocked at this part (see pic 1). Don't know what the part is or what the part code is as i've said. This is what my disc looks like after being on for a couple of months, other discs are fine. It must be because of lack of fluid into the caliper.
Teering my hair out over this issue :mad: .

SP_A0092c.jpg

SP_A0071.jpg

Clio 182 cup
I know it looks confusing but the pic is where the 2 brake lines run from the front of the car into a "box" at the rear of the car underneath. So 2 lines into this "box" which then has 4 metal brake lines from. Anybody know the part of part number please?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you cant buy the "pipes" you have to make them.

the box is behind the battery rite?

Clio 182 cup
No, it's near the back underneath the car near the brake hoses. It's where the front to brake lines brake off from this sort of "box" and then to the rear discs.

Clio 172 Cup
ah right thats the valve that controls the rear braking dependant on how much weight your carrying in the back of the car there should be a lever at the back of it give it a good push in and out for a bit may just be the valve has stuck mine failed MOT last time round cos of that.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i thought the cup didnt have an actuating arm fitted as standard and that this valve was set to a pre-determined value at the factory?

also the cup shouldnt fail because the arm is not present? got a print off from a mot guidline site sat here next to me as we have made that mistake before at work :eek:

Clio 182 cup
Tried pulling on that _/ lever with the spring on it, not alot happens, doesn't seem to move. I now realeased fluid gets to the valve where both rear brake lines run from and to the back passenger brake hose, no fluid gets there, so it's blocked somewhere.

172DD Cup
old thread, did you ever sort this, i have a similar issue, no fluid getting to the rear offside caliper. no fluid going into the valve at the back.