ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pedal kicking back at your foot?

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
sounds like the brake pedal is fighting back after all the thousands of miles of kicking you gave it! check everything is tight for safety then... rule out stuff as you go.

how hard do you mean, when you say kicking back?

check brake fluid level to btw just to rule it out.

check brake fluid level to btw just to rule it out.

we done this the other day, i was slowing down in traffic and i had nothing atall stopped about 2 inches of the back of an SLK :| there was plenty in there and the pedal did feel alot harder after

the knocking feels hard, like being punched in the foot... and the rate of the knocking goes down as your speed does

Elise S1 B&C 140
I had similar to this once. My Cv boot had split and filled the abs ring with crap. The sensor then thought that wheel was locked as it could not sense the ridges on the abs ring spinning. Therefore applying the ABS when it wasnt required.

Worth looking to see if the ridges are filled with Shite on your ABS rings,

cheers goders, having car serviced soon by a mate so he's going to give it a right going over, bloody scary the other day just waiting to smack the back of the Merc, divine intervention ftw :)

2003 Clio 172
Right,

So like, im sorry to rejuvinate a deeeeeeeed thread.....but i have been getting what sounds like this occasionally.

Just cruising about, very slowly ill occasionally get wee farts of abs through the pedal for an instant.

Now i was working at the drivers side brakes the other day and noted that the ABS ring was super rusty so i gave it a wee wire brushing.

I also know that the cv boot on the passenger side sharted itself at some stage (sponge was oily when cleaning inside of wheels)

Can this ABS glitch be caused by dirt or rust on the ring?

Also, when the ABS ring is cracked, is it easily visible?

I tried to turn the 2 front ones but couldnt. I also couldnt get access to the rears yet.

Jj

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had this on a Hyundai Tra-jet (people carrier) and it needed a new ABS pump....

£670 for the part, £140 labour and £30 computer fee later, problem solved.

Fcuking cars....

"Navy" N17 TWO
This is what I'm getting too, not as often as I was getting it though

Checking it out today along with a few other loose ends