ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes?? ABS??

Clio 172
When braking hard and turning at the same time I get the ABS kicking in very often. Not even at very high speeds, jus a little bit of a turn and the abs kicks in. Ive got exaltos, new disks, and new ferodos.

I tried takin the ABS fuse out and it WAS locking up the wheels, but I seem to think that the wheels are locking up alot earlier then it used to.

Any one else had this problem?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Maybe since having your new discs fitted the abs sensor has been knocked . They are suppose to have a specific clearance between the sensor and reluctor ring . I'd check that if i were you , maybe just pull out the sensor and give it a clean . See if that makes any difference .

Clio 172
No... not really. It did this even before I changed rotor, and pads. I first thought it was a warped rotor, so changed that and still have the same problem. How often does abs kick in for most? for me its almost always if i turn. Did this on standard brakes too.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
In fairness i do think my abs kicks in to much, but this is the only car i've driven with it.

D

dick

abs only kicks in for me if i abslutely plant my foot on the brakes.
admittedly too early, as i dont think the wheels will lock up when it comes in, but o well.

Clio 172
who knows.

maybe i have gotton used to its braking and am jus driven quicker??

But for some reason I remember it not being AS bad as this. wasnt there a problem with calipers on these cars?

Clio 172
abs only kicks in for me if i abslutely plant my foot on the brakes.
admittedly too early, as i dont think the wheels will lock up when it comes in, but o well.

well i dont need to really plant it, hmm..... there must be something wrong. Bitchin