ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes for 182

RenaultSport clio 182
Looking at discs and pads, the car has been modded with close to 200bhp, want to be able to stop quickly! 200 - 300 budget

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
daveyb393 said:
Looking at discs and pads, the car has been modded with close to 200bhp, want to be able to stop quickly! 200 - 300 budget

Above is all you need..!

RenaultSport clio 182
Thanks for that, I'm fairly new to the modding game so forgive my naivety, do they make a big difference?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
daveyb393 said:
Thanks for that, I'm fairly new to the modding game so forgive my naivety, do they make a big difference?

Yes over standard...but would recommend upgrading the fluid to some comp fluid and maybe the braided hoses.

Even round the ring 20 laps with this set up no fade no issues..!

Clio 172 mk2
Braided hoses make a massive difference...fitted some on my old car and they sorted the spongy feel of the pedal.

£50 I think but you can get them for £40 from somewhere I'm sure.
Best idea to go to DS2500 pads better fluid. Braided hoses will help though.

Lionel Richie
yep

for the 1.2 16V we do

Brembo MAX grooved discs
Pagid fast road pads (we stock several others, but they're more expensive)
goodridge lines

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
Oh god ... kit peddaling starts again. I was starting to enjoy the lack of resold kits being forced down peoples throats.

Don't bother with the discs, you dont benefit that much over OE.

DS2500 front pads are 80 quid, lines are 45 and fluid ... tenner.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
rmccardal said:
Oh god ... kit peddaling starts again. I was starting to enjoy the lack of resold kits being forced down peoples throats.

Don't bother with the discs, you dont benefit that much over OE.

DS2500 front pads are 80 quid, lines are 45 and fluid ... tenner.

Whats wrong with their kit ? Its a fair price and proven products plus you buy from one source to get all the bits.

clio 172 cup
what was that thread a while ago about someones brakes that only lasted 2000 miles what where they

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
rob172cup said:
what was that thread a while ago about someones brakes that only lasted 2000 miles what where they

It was my brakes that lasted 2k but this was with DS3000 pads and a week at the ring..!

Anyways as in the thread just get the above package and you wil be more than happy with their performance. A lot better than standard and alls you need for the road. But please upgrade the fluid if you track the car..!

MKIII 138
Fred2001Dynamic said:
Our most popular kit

YSFR kit

Brembo GroupN hi carbon discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Goodridge stainless steel braided lines

£199 delivered inc VAT

e-mail Fred@Yozzasport.co.uk

regards

will that kit fit a 172cup ? the cup has bigger discs on front than the 172/182 due to lack of abs i belive

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
meggerman said:
will that kit fit a 172cup ? the cup has bigger discs on front than the 172/182 due to lack of abs i belive

Discs are exactly the same for 172/182/cup/Trophy...

Yes they will fit the cup.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)
You can get the bits seperately for less. Notice how they are now plugging the DS pads over the PF as everyone get fed up of the dust/noise etc but they were described initially as the dogs danglies for everything.

Why not just get the bits yourself ? whats the point in adding an (unreliable) link to the chain and paying over the odds in the process.

EVOgone said:
Whats wrong with their kit ? Its a fair price and proven products plus you buy from one source to get all the bits.

Lionel Richie
go for it ross, try and source everything for less and let me know how you get on (seriously!)

not plugging DS2500's thats just what EVERYONE wants, so we sell it

PF's are the dogs, shame so many clio owners prefer cleaning their car to driving it ;)

its not rocket science, supply and demand and all that!

Last edited:
  artic blue 182 Cup
which brake fluid would you recommend for a 70/30 normal driving/racetrack use?

I'm changing pads, I'm fitting Ferodo 2500 and braided hoses from Renault Sport... which references, if someone can confirm me, are:

front hoses: 7711129624
rear left: 7711129627
rear right: 7711129628

or aren't they? thanks, cheers

artic blue 182 Cup
Fred2001Dynamic said:
i just run a good quality DOT 4 fluid, and change it often seems to work fine

I'm quite lost with the meaning or whatever DOT whatever is... would u mind to explain it to me?:eek: thanks

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fred2001Dynamic said:
Our most popular kit

YSFR kit

Brembo GroupN hi carbon discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Goodridge stainless steel braided lines

£199 delivered inc VAT

e-mail Fred@Yozzasport.co.uk

regards

That's what I'm running - and after a hard day caning round Goodwood they were fine.

I've had nothing but good service from Yoz, and delivery times have always been 1-2 days.

And I'm running Castrol Super Response DOT 4.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
rmccardal said:
You can get the bits seperately for less. Notice how they are now plugging the DS pads over the PF as everyone get fed up of the dust/noise etc but they were described initially as the dogs danglies for everything.

Why not just get the bits yourself ? whats the point in adding an (unreliable) link to the chain and paying over the odds in the process.

Please tell us where you can get this lot cheeper. Please inc P&P as this package does.

Itemise if possible........we are waiting.

PF are very good just that Ferrodo offer equal peformence for less money...

rob172cup said:
That was Little Newms with the already plugged brake kit but it was less than 2k miles, the discs cracked on that occation.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Pete said:
That was Little Newms with the already plugged brake kit but it was less than 2k miles, the discs cracked on that occation.

It was me who worn (pads and dics) them out, Newms just broke the disc.