ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes for a mk2 ph2

Clio 1.2 16v
I have a 52 Plate 1.2 Clio Extreme

Anyone else have one?

Anyone know what brakes they take? I need 2 new front pads & disks. Need to find the best price. Apparantly theres grooved and ungrooved or something.

Forget groved there for looks only IMO.

There loads of choice IMO stock is more than enough stock pads are FDB 845 (along with others) £17 ish from Halfords I realy think there very good then disk well Halfords sell the disks for £60 for a set go to other places and you can get the disks cheaper depends if its worth the hastle and risk as I've seen some unless cheap disks.

Then bleed the brakes fully front and rear fully with some good fluid I use the castrol super dot 4 response stuff its superb realy and not a bad price.

If you want to uprate then you have to think why stock are designed for a 150hp car certain bits were used in cars upto 250hp. But unless your willing to accept the compromivse of a full race pads I keep with stock i don't rate green stuff amazing and as for better disk the black dimond are good and realy work but pricy if your looking then you'll be looking at a harder race spec pad and so willing to pay the price and accept the compromise with them and if you need brakes that good your into some hightly pseced engine and race series or realy want to spend the money in which case 4 pot exist which bolt on.

Just cheak you have the 259mm disk your most likly will have but I've seen some with the 239mm on them late reg and wierd etc.

Clio 1.2 16v
want to keep to stock brakes tbh, not got much money. But front ones def need replacing asap.

So groved and ungroved theres no difference they will fit whatever the weather sort of thing.

I've been quoted about £50 but he said find out if their groved or ungroved

want to keep to stock brakes tbh, not got much money. But front ones def need replacing asap.

So groved and ungroved theres no difference they will fit whatever the weather sort of thing.

I've been quoted about £50 but he said find out if their groved or ungroved
There ungrove there vented though.

Groved should in theory help cooling but you get less disk are so breaking area as such plus ungroved are often better built many of the groved are useless quality unless you go for a expensive famous name type.

ah ok mate. I wil go to halfords. What do i need to quote?

Well check you do have the 259mm brakes you should though then just go in and find the fdb845 pads yourself from the shelves then ask at the counter for the disk tell them the details and then when they get them out check they are 259mm as they often get them wrong or the computers tells them the wrong ones are fitted.

If you have a fried with a halfords trade card it can be helpfult as you get a bit off (£5 or the pads alone from memory).