ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

had a bit of work done on my brakes a few weeks ago, including replacing the rear cylinder. Yesterday I did my usual drive through to my mates, doing 60 coming up to a roundabout, braked, braked a bit more with the intention of just slowing down, then a car approached from the right and I had to brake hard - the pedal just sunk to the floor, and the brakes seemed to release (thankfully that car had turned off to go the way i came by this point).

Any ideas whats happening? Ive thought it could be air in the system, but havent had first hand experience of it happening before, so couldnt say to be honest. Other possibility was a brake line expanding under braking?

Anyone? :(

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Think you would benefit from fitting braided ss lines and re bleeding the system mate

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

anyone else?

just to throw a spanner in the works, my brake fluid level is above max! its almost up to the top of the reservior... any ideas?

(please dont tell me its the master cylinder... :( )