ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakesssssss Brembo

Just want to no if any feedback about the Brembo max grooved discs are like? also how much do they retail at?

Yeh they are a very popular option. But then most people go with the HCs, mainly because they look like standard discs!
Not sure on pricing for those ones, I got HCs for £60 (front only)

172 Cup
as said its not worth it mate. you will never tell the difference with normal driving compared to standards. most people buy them purely to say they have grooved discs.

Ozzed Clio
stick with the plain hc discs if u want to save some cash or buy the max hc ones if ya want the grooves to look cool. :cool: not much difference in the performance

Artic 182
Are the HC discs only for the clio? Cant find anything for a 306 setup

Last edited:
  Artic 182
Not according to the interwebs... Any chance of a link? will gsf be able to get them means they are a distributor?

Artic 182
There is only 2 types of 266mm disc, one is commerical with a 34mm offset and one is standard 27mm.

Its the same disc as the 2.0 XSi's and all HDi's. Cant really get it wrong if its 266mm diameter and for a 306

Inferno 182
I upgraded my front brakes last year, Pagid Blue pads and Brembo max discs. This combination was recommended by Yozzasport and is excellent.
The pads are pretty aggressive and now I think I need new discs again.
Has anyone run Pagid Blues with Brembo HC as opposed to Max??
If so, do they feel just as good?

500 Twinair
I have brembo max disc and ferodo ds2500 pads and they are much better than standard, cant comment on the brembo hc disc but jamsport are offering a 4 pot conversion using the hc disc, so maybe the max is more for show?

Lionel Richie
there is no "better" disc out of the 2 IMO, the max is pretty and overs exactly the same performance as the HC

Lionel Richie
delivery on discs is a bit more the £5 unfortunately mate, they weight a ton! £13 is the going rate

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Ok so the rear discs should be left oe but what about the pads ? Is there a ferodo option available for the rear ?

Clio 172 Cup
Looks like there is a Ferodo option on the rear, http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=35961

But again you will find little effect overall with the std brake bias setup.

Has anyone looked into trying to affect the balance with basic mods, such as a more aggressive rear pad and disc, maybe a just fitting rear braided lines. I'd be really interested in what you can do with the balance. Might make it nicer to drive by balancing the braking more than imporving ultimate performance?

Any one tried any more complex methods of balancing the brake distribution?

Clio 172 Cup
Do you know any links to such an item matey?

If you go that far are you changing the master cylinder then?

Lionel Richie
no need to change the master cyliner on a 172 cup, valve fits inline on the rear brake lines

Tilton_proportioning_valve_01.jpg

about £65, plus you'll have to reroute the rear pipes inside the car, DIY will cost you under £100

Clio 172 Cup
no need to change the master cyliner on a 172 cup, valve fits inline on the rear brake lines

Tilton_proportioning_valve_01.jpg

about £65, plus you'll have to reroute the rear pipes inside the car, DIY will cost you under £100

Ok, so your suggesting a proportioning valve, it should do the job to balance the brakes, a good suggestion, but u'd need more raw performance. I assume you mean I'd place it in the front brake lines? Also does that mean the cylinder split is front to rear? not diagonals on the clio?