ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braking Problems

I am having problems with my brakes on a Mark 1 Clio. I started the car one day, and when i went to brake, i found that the brakes were very unresponsive and inefficient. they will not even brake until the pedal is to the floor.

I checked the brake fluid, which was below the minimum level, and topped it up accordingly. but there has been no change in braking. i had no brake pads and discs a while ago, so i dont think thats the problem either.

any ideas anyone?

Have you tried bleeding the brakes mate to check for air bubbles?

Im not sure how ya do it but i think you take the brake pipe off at the calipers and pump the brake pedal slowly till you get a constant stream of brake fluid!

Like i said im not 100 % sure but someone on here will help you!

Smokey

if it went right to the floor there is either air in the system (from the low level of fluid) or a pad shifted a fair amount to take out play.....check it out.