ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Break overhall? Any common upgrades ect?

Hey guys

Well i am new on here i used google and the search function but not really found what i am after.

I know about the 172 breaks and that used as a common mod would anyone like to go into a bit more detail how to push the wheels out and also upgrade the breaks.

The car is a 92 mk1 1.4 RT i not taken delivery yet but should be soon i want to start filling my head with ideas.

Should i just change the pads and discs and new lines?

Or is there bigger break set ups i can get and fit? Not after over kill just a better fast road set up.

Will be treating the subframe while i under there and polybushing it all.

But before i do some upgrade suggestions ect would be good to consider.

So what would you guys do or suggest? Its a start of a long term project so its gonna be good

Alex

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
on a 1.4rt, leave it as it is and save your money, the money you waste for very little gain on a car like that, you could put towards buying a faster/more equipped model and covering the insurance aswell.

Well normally i would say that to others but its so cheap and parts are so cheap i am gonna start fitting the underside with all new parts and making it like new.

If it goes to to plan then i more than likely gonna put find a volvo 1.7 turbo lump to fit in.