ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo HC 280mm and Ferodo DS2500 Front Brake Pads (clio 182), price?

i paid £147 for a set of HC's, mintex 1144 and rear OE pads so approx £135 is what I would expect to pay for a set of HC's and ferodos.

HCs are about £28 each from GSF.

There were some DS2500's on ebay, second-hand but for £20(incl p&p) you cant go wrong.

They were about 20% worn but I know where your coming from.

The pads will be around £85 from motorsportworld.

Don't waste your money on the Brembo Max discs. HCs are the same but without the grooves for a fraction of the price.

wouldnt buy 2nd hand brake pads tbh,

ill keep shopping around

M2 Competition
They were about 20% worn but I know where your coming from.

The pads will be around £85 from motorsportworld.

Don't waste your money on the Brembo Max discs. HCs are the same but without the grooves for a fraction of the price.

Have you used them?

The max are much better discs.

The Max and HC are identical bar the grooves. Once the grooves disappear on the Max's your left with HC's.

The grooves will deglaze the pads, so a benefit for trackwork, but on the road there's no benefit except that the HC's can be had for £28 each whereas the Max's are about £60 each.

Have you used them?

The max are much better discs.

M2 Competition
Getting wound up?

The max are £90 a pair posted.

So what you're saying is that you've used both on road and track, and can say that the max are no better?

Lionel Richie
yep they're fine on the ferraris at work, i'm one of the few that rate the yoko A539 also, and "the experts" on here call them ditch finders pah!

Lionel Richie
i found the max actually wore quicker, but i think thats down to the PF pads, they'd wear the grooves clean off the insides of the discs, PF's eat discs anyway, but they mullered the max discs

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i got pads for 91 off yozza

discs i got off ebay - gsf parts - do for 96

feebs

a green 1
upto now best ive got is 215 delivered for the

ds2500
brembo hc's
braided lines,

can that be beaten you think? (dont want 2nd hand)

On the road then how much will he gain in your opinion (buying the max's over HCs)? 1%? 2%? I doubt he'll notice a difference except his wallet will be lighter if he buys the max's lol

Getting wound up?

The max are £90 a pair posted.

So what you're saying is that you've used both on road and track, and can say that the max are no better?

upto now best ive got is 215 delivered for the

ds2500
brembo hc's
braided lines,

can that be beaten you think? (dont want 2nd hand)

yep i think that can be beaten. get the hc's off gsf (i think cliosport may even get a discount there, worth an ask)...braided lines im sure you can get off ebay or even here (i got my which were brand new but off a club member for £25. as for the pads shops around although im sure someone said yozza were cheapest (or were they just cheapest of the 'tuners'???)

Clio Sport Mk1
Hi everybody ! I currently have renault Sport GrN front discs + CL RC6 pads (and braided lines, Dot 5.1 fluid). I'm wondering should I go for Brembo HC/Max ? Are these really better than RS discs that are really cheap ?

182 Clio,IbizaCupra
hello - newbie alert (to 182 clio's anyhows)

Whats the part number for DS2500's for CLio 182 on an 04 plate?

many thanks
Bill

Tav

Clio 197
Back to back as in...replacing an old set with a brand new set of the others? Or on two different cars?