ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Britemax QD Spray and Vics Concours Review.

106 GTi
Had a chance to try these out on the Clio.

Thanks to Matt @ www.i4detailing.co.uk (7MAT on here)kindly sent me a bottle of the Britemax #6S SPRAY & SHINE Final Wet Look Detail Spray back before Xmas with an order and aside from a quick test back at Xmas time on a panel in the garage I had not had a chance.

First really try of it was on Tuesday after getting it MOT and a bit of a run out. Car was dirty but nothing major so to save time I washed it using Quick and Easy Wash to limit the need to get out the hose etc and rinse. After washing with the QEW I thought it would be a good test of the Britemax to remove any water spots left behind by the QEW.

Using a couple of plush microfibers, one to spread the QD around when sprayed on the panel and another to buff to a high gloss, the QD did exactly what it does on the bottle and left the paint looking just waxed aswell as leaving a very slick surface. Lots of QD's seem to streak when used on black paitwork, but even in the sunshine on Tuesday, no matter how much I applied it would not streak and buffed to a nice gloss. Even on the Bonnet which is normally a 'mare all was good. Product sprayed evenly and spread easily across the panels and removed effortlessly with little to no pressure. I think you have a winner there Matt. Thanks again for the chance to try it.

The car was then tucked away until today when I had a bit more time to play, the Britemax seems to live up to it's anti static nature claims as since Tuesday very little dust had been attracted to the car, and what was on there wiped away very easily with another quick wipe down with it.

I had heard great things about the Victoria Concours Wax so I grabbed a pot when ordering a few bits the other week from Tim at Cleanyourcar. I was a bit late to get my hands on a pot as I have far to many waxes already, but due to it being available in small sizes (more later on that ) I grabbed some. First time again today I had used it. After the QD wipe down though I would throw on a coat. Most users are comparing it to the Dodo range and the likes of CG 50/50, Zymol Carbon and Swissvax Onyx as it is the same price range for the bigger sizes, but the beauty of it the 3oz pot means it comes in at half the price at least of them meaning it is competing with the likes of CG XXX and Poorboys Nattys waxes be it for a bit less product. I went for the small pot which has plenty of wax in it.

I applied it over a layer of Swissvax Saphir which was on most of the car bar the bonnet - so was not expecting to see much difference in looks wise and to be honest I didn't. On the unwaxed bonnet, looks wise was a step up from the looks Nattys, and Chemical Guys offering produce, it is on par with the Dodo's even the Double Wax for a lot less cash but still lacks that little something the Swissvax's Onyx upwards produces. It leaves the paint wet, glossy and clear looking but lacks the depth and warmth of the Swissvaxs give me.

Ease of use is where it slips down for me, it was not that warm today but even after warming up the wax with my fingers I could not get it to spread as well as the Dodos or Onyx or get a nice thin even coat like them. Some areas would have hardly any, and some areas to thickly. It also did not buff off as easily as them either. Not the greatest product to work with, but at the price point for the 3oz tub a nice step up over the waxes for the same price and easily on par with the anything in the Dodo Juice range, but not the product to replace Onyx for me, which is the reason I put of buying the Vics wax for so long. I would take it over the Zymol Carbon as it looks better, and over the DW wax on price and the fact it does not have all the added colours of the normal Dodo ranges which I hate, although the Concours is quite strong in colour aswell but now where near as bad as say Purple Haze. Will revisit it when it gets warmer and see if that helps in usability aswell as try and get a panel of two on the daily drive to test it's durability.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I would take it over the Zymol Carbon as it looks better, and over the DW wax on price and the fact it does not have all the added colours of the normal Dodo ranges which I hate, although the Concours is quite strong in colour aswell but now where near as bad as say Purple Haze. Will revisit it when it gets warmer and see if that helps in usability aswell as try and get a panel of two on the daily drive to test it's durability.[/quote]

LOL, you seem very upset about this Mr T,