ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

British Grand Prix - Friday Practice

A few shots from my first GP experience. Wasn't intending on taking any pics, but grabbed a few in between standing in awe watching them through Maggots/Becketts and down at Stowe...

568398739_keFDy-L.jpg

568401838_xXwZD-L.jpg

568405300_VAbb9-L.jpg

568420808_SQrMr-L.jpg

568419310_FMRCA-L.jpg

568431000_LkMFv-L.jpg

568404150_ZPD7f-L.jpg

568440435_xiJ4z-L.jpg

568434565_JwByF-L.jpg

A few more here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/8616137_2xXQH

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Awesome. :D

Was over the moon with mine till i saw you loading these up on flickr :<

really need to invest in some more gear sometime soon.

/Adrian

Ian

Focus TDCi
Great shots Chris, just having a look through on Flickr now and they look nice and sharp. :) Really itching to get out to the track for some practice.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
wow we have some really good photographers on CS.

Is it me or does Bourdais's rear tyre look like its mega pressed into the ground?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nice pics mate! I was using your guide today and hoping your advise has paid off. Not had time to look through them all as I took 3000 shots today, but some looked good on my display. So thanks very much!

106 GTI
Love them, outstanding quality in terms of sharpness

If only 6 wasnt cropped off at the wheels..
Did you use any filters?

Did you use any filters?

Nope, lens has a 105mm front end, I can't afford filters! Looking at £100 a pop or something ridiculous like that.

wow we have some really good photographers on CS.

Is it me or does Bourdais's rear tyre look like its mega pressed into the ground?

Front tyre on the kerb, rear tyre on the track...that's why it looks compressed.

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
excellent snaps mate, the sharpness has held up very well considering these are shot with the tc and knowing silverstones' reputation they will also be a heavy crop?

I think 7 is one of my fav, pics ive seen from you.

Nick

knowing silverstones' reputation they will also be a heavy crop?

Not really, to be honest. I've never found Silverstone too bad as long as you hunt out the good angles. The Bourdais panning shot - for example - is completely untouched at 320mm.

Lots of people say you need 500-600mm, but if you shoot creatively that's not true at all. JamieITR off of here seems to do well there as well, the place is so huge so there are plenty of angles to be found.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
if you look in the photography bit i do have some rather poo shots compared to you from todays qualy. But some good shots there.

Ive been going to silverstone since before i can remember, love that place. My D40 needs a better lens to catch track action. Could you suggest anything? 55-200mm for example?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
if you look in the photography bit i do have some rather poo shots compared to you from todays qualy. But some good shots there.

Ive been going to silverstone since before i can remember, love that place. My D40 needs a better lens to catch track action. Could you suggest anything? 55-200mm for example?

Id go for something like a 70-300mm not sure on the prices for Nikon. but i still use my sigma 70-300mm with my 350D and it only cost my 70 pounds.

Hopefully once i get some cash im upgrading to something better but its served me well. check the other thread for my pics or my flickR

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30233693@N08/

/Adrian

B

Brown.

love the old skool "look" of f1 rear's now....

this shot is now my background!!

568405300_VAbb9-L.jpg