ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken ABS ring

Suzuki Ignis Sport
If an ABS ring is broken, would that make the ABS kick in when going over speed bumps slowly? I don't meant speedbumps on roads, I mean ones around carparks etc (the tall narrow ones!) - cheers. How much are ABS rings to buy and fit? (guesstimate)?

1.5 dci
Mine cost me about £15. Self fitted. Its a total pain as it all needs stripping cleaning and the ring heated with a blowtorch to expand it to fit. Next time ill just buy and fit a new driveshaft with one already on. (This was on a different car). The job took hours as well. My symptom was the abs light came on almost straight away when driving off.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I had a cracked ABS ring on a rear disc. It was causing the brake pedal to flutter when I was slowing down to walking pace.

Whipped it all off and superglued it back on the disc. 1 year down the line and no problems at all.