ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broken engine mount maybe?

clio 182 cup
Right people hope someone could help..my exhaust middle box split from the cat so i had it properly welded all round and its now solid.. the welder mentioned it might have split due to a engine mount breaking.. funny he said that because my car sometimes knocks from the front and to me it feels as if its coming from the passenger side.. sometimes when i go over a bump the car knocks and loses power like splutters a bit and then its all fine..i changed the leads and plugs on it thinking it was that but if the engine mount breaks would it make it splutter a little on humps etc ..the thing it it doesnt always do it.. just sometimes..hasnt spluttered for a week or 2 now but knocks when i take it off my drive.. or on a mad bumpy bend etc i do love it though its a lovely car!

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
I had the same issue with the centre pipe splitting, had the dog bone mount polybushed and I haven't had an issue with it since