ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken windscreen and driver door. How much?

Clio mkI was broken into last night and to add insult to injury they smashed 2 windows - main windscreen and drivers window... and they're not covered on my TPF&T insurance : (

How much is it gonna cost? I phoned Autoglass and it was about £450! I'm thinking it would be cheaper to get the windows 2nd hand and pay a local garage to fit them. Or can either of the windows be fitted DIY?

R26R, 172, S2k
where are you located? i would be charging £150 for both if your in Northern Ireland??

Clio Sport 172
I need a new front windscreen as the person before me didnt change his windscreen blades and scratched it! How muuch roughly would the windscreen cost? also do you need to change any of the sensors?

172 phase 1
get ur drivers window from a scrappy like i did cost £10 and fittied it my self and im getting a front window for £100 fitted in west mids mate

L maf, I've researched and decided to get a good front windscreen fitted by a local professional for £150 as a happy medium, and can get a my driver side front window 2nd hand for £20, but how easy was it to fit that one? I'm a novice to intermediate - can anyone do that window? Is it simply a case of unscrewing the inside of the door and sticking it in?!

R26R, 172, S2k
I need a new front windscreen as the person before me didnt change his windscreen blades and scratched it! How muuch roughly would the windscreen cost? also do you need to change any of the sensors?

£170 SUPPLIED & FITTED, no all you need to change is the gel pad to which the sensor is attached to the window :rasp:

R26R, 172, S2k
L maf, I've researched and decided to get a good front windscreen fitted by a local professional for £150 as a happy medium, and can get a my driver side front window 2nd hand for £20, but how easy was it to fit that one? I'm a novice to intermediate - can anyone do that window? Is it simply a case of unscrewing the inside of the door and sticking it in?!

what year is the clio? is it 94-98?

the side window is a easy job just slides down in :) give it a go urself!

R26R, 172, S2k
i'm in northern ireland but if you just tell a local company you can get it for that i'm sure they'll get close ;)