ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brownyboys Clio Cup 172

Picked this up on Saturday (used to belong to Jimbo666 for short time) prob 1 or 2 others from this forum too...

Picture1.jpg

Already got a few little bits for it and more to come

058add2e.jpg

733d85aa.jpg

Fabia splitter - £12.32 - BARGAIN

7330da05.jpg

Last edited:
Other bits that need fitting this weekend

d940411e.jpg

Yes i know there a harse ride bla bla bla, coilovers will be on my list in the new year

e15f34f7.jpg

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Looks pretty clean and tidy mate.

I'll be interested to see what the splitter looks like fitted in the real, my splitter ended up in the bin last weekend. I seem to have serious bad luck with splitters and rabbits!!

M135i
It's looking great! It just needed someone with the time and a bit of cash to get it tip top! You enjoying it?

This weekends update

-2118s (off Nick172cup) need to get myself some spigot rings sorted though before I fit
-Whiteline ARB

083e0858.jpg

c40a9ac6.jpg

6b715dfc.jpg

eaade680.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
This weekends update

-2118s (off Nick172cup) need to get myself some spigot rings sorted though before I fit
-Whiteline ARB
/QUOTE]

Why did Nick not give you the spigot rings? Did he not have these fitted to his car?

If you're getting them for the track make sure you get metal rings and not plastic ones.

Why did Nick not give you the spigot rings? Did he not have these fitted to his car?

If you're getting them for the track make sure you get metal rings and not plastic ones.[/QUOTE]

He used a stud kit and spacers and only used it on the track so he didnt bother with spigot rings.

172 cup, Impreza P1
[/QUOTE]

He used a stud kit and spacers and only used it on the track so he didnt bother with spigot rings.[/QUOTE]

Not sure on his set up but were the spacers hub centric? Surely you'd need to locate the centre bore on something or the wheel vibration would be horrendous.

I need to fit new exhaust hangers on mine. Was it easy to do?

Not fitted them yet as decided to spend money on the 2118s and the RARB, should be easy enough though mate its only a few bolts for the rear mount and one iirc for the middle mount. My exhaust doesnt sound standard but looks like it. I've been told it might be a mild steel k-tec stealth system but im not really sure so if anyone can clarify? The rubbers on it at the mo are pretty perished so got the mounts of eBay ready to get fitted when i put on a new exhaust system which is prob not going to be untill end of next month now.

Ordered some Pagid front discs and pads and hopefully i'll have the speedlines on by the weekend

If you're getting them for the track make sure you get metal rings and not plastic ones.

Not sure on his set up but were the spacers hub centric? Surely you'd need to locate the centre bore on something or the wheel vibration would be horrendous.

I used these on track numerous times with no spigot rings and never had a problem with 'horrendous' wheel vibration, the wheels were tightened to around 100nm and as said never had a problem.

Also I'm not sure why you'd need metal spigot rings over the standard plastic/poly style, all they do is seat the wheel on the hub nicely for you to fit it. There not exactly structural...

As said Mark give me a shout whenever about the wheels, we'll get it sorted for you without some of these other idiots with only half a clue... Should leave the silver too, will look lovely against the Mondial blue! :)

Cheers
Nick

This weekends bits and pieces that need fitting/ doing

70.1 - 60.1 spigot rings (Nick- Sir_Dave let me know the bore size so these should fit, if not ill give you a buzz about them and go from there)

93ee5406.jpg

PAGID Front discs and pads

e25465cc.jpg

Not cheap oil this stuff!

23de42c5.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
I used these on track numerous times with no spigot rings and never had a problem with 'horrendous' wheel vibration, the wheels were tightened to around 100nm and as said never had a problem.

Also I'm not sure why you'd need metal spigot rings over the standard plastic/poly style, all they do is seat the wheel on the hub nicely for you to fit it. There not exactly structural...

As said Mark give me a shout whenever about the wheels, we'll get it sorted for you without some of these other idiots with only half a clue... Should leave the silver too, will look lovely against the Mondial blue! :)

Cheers
Nick

If you're not locating on the spigot and relying on the nuts to locate the wheel, how could this not give vibration at +/- 1mm or so with the wheel turing at about 500rpm? Not wanting to start any issues with your sale to someone but I just can't see how you could accurately locate the wheel. The use of metal spigot rings is purely as mine started to melt due to the heat in the front hubs.

So by putting some past experience and logic in reply to hopefully assist someone I become an idiot with half a clue???

If you're not locating on the spigot and relying on the nuts to locate the wheel, how could this not give vibration at +/- 1mm or so with the wheel turing at about 500rpm? Not wanting to start any issues with your sale to someone but I just can't see how you could accurately locate the wheel. The use of metal spigot rings is purely as mine started to melt due to the heat in the front hubs.

So by putting some past experience and logic in reply to hopefully assist someone I become an idiot with half a clue???

Well quite simply I used these wheels without and no problems, the fact your spigot rings melted means you bought cheap spigot rings simple.

Also I'm not interested in this 'how could this not give vibration at +/- 1mm or so with the wheel turing at about 500rpm?' rubbish... This forum is attracting too many of these type of people which pisses me off. 'Applying' logic and 'understanding/knowing' logic are too very different things.

Apologies Mark for the way this threads gone...

Nick

172 cup, Impreza P1
Well quite simply I used these wheels without and no problems, the fact your spigot rings melted means you bought cheap spigot rings simple.

Also I'm not interested in this 'how could this not give vibration at +/- 1mm or so with the wheel turing at about 500rpm?' rubbish... This forum is attracting too many of these type of people which pisses me off. 'Applying' logic and 'understanding/knowing' logic are too very different things.

Apologies Mark for the way this threads gone...

Nick

So what we are saying is spigot rings are not required on any wheel?

Applying and understanding/knowing logic are two very different things, yes.

Sorry for pissing you off, wouldn't want to do that now would I?

Apologies to Mark also. My final word on the subject and nice car!

SQ5
All the weight of the wheels being on four bolts is ridiculous! It needs to be on the hub, I found out the hard way after a track day and wheel fell off at 60mph as the bolt holes had been lengthened!

Pic on 2118s, with spigot rings fitted! they run spot on btw for everyone that said i would be wasting my time fitting them. No rubbing, vibrations, wobbles etc (Spigot rings were 70.1-60.1) Will be on the hunt for some r888s and put these bad bois away and bring them out for any trips to the ring next year, but untill then i will run round on my red turinis

2118.png

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
It's looking good mate, Be interesting to see what the red wheels are like on it?! I came close to having my 2118's painted green, never got round to it though.