ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB 182 Exhaust Systems

clio 200 F4Rt
Special offer on BTB's for collection at the French car show.

We will be doing these for £475.00!!!

System will have to be paid for before via bank transfer or personal cheque, or on the day in cash.

The lowdown...

Shed Motorsport Renault Sport Clio 182 Track Day Exhaust System, developed and produced by BTB exhausts exclusively for us.

With extensive design and research we have produced the best exhaust system for the Renault Sport Clio 182.

Key Features:

Cat Back , full 304 stainless steel system

Track day friendly noise limit - 86db static test

Smooth mandrel bent 63mm into 2 x 50mm system, TIG welded

Decat compatable

Twin rear silencers with 3 inch slash cut tailpipes

Genuine torque & power increase on standard mapped car, across entire rev range.

A saving of over 6 kgs compared to the standard system (Full Decat System)
Perfect fit, with no rubbing

See BTB's quality and heritage here.... http://www.racecar.co.uk/btb/

e123_1_b-vi.jpg

e2a7_1_b-vi.jpg

e41c_1_b-vi.jpg

PROOF of power increase:

BTBPowergraphbeforeafter-vi.jpg

a thirsty one
Im down for one, will give you a ring week or so before FCS and sort out payment.

I will prob send you a personal cheque dont fancy carrying that amount of money down with me.

Speak to you soon, John.

182FF c/w Recaros
Ive; seen some clips of these on youtube. 1 in particular where is shows the car ticking over and then speeding off into the distance.

Sounds pretty cool.:cool:

It got me thinking that maybe I should upgrade the p*ss poor standard exhaust I have on my car.

Had a chat to another CS member about it and he said, BTB! **** has one of those on his trophy. Just so happens that I went in that trophy (admittedly as a back seat passenger) a while back and the sound of the exhaust nearly made my ears bleed.:eek: Very low grumbling sound but it resonated (spelling?) throughout the cabin and was very uncomfortable.

Probably was much less intrusive in the front in but the upshot of it all appears to be that while i'd like an aftermarket exhaust, the noise from them is tiresome and much louder.

I'd like a better sounding exhaust and could put up with it being a tad louder but i'm not sure if such a spec exists in an aftermarket job:(

VRS
Ive; seen some clips of these on youtube. 1 in particular where is shows the car ticking over and then speeding off into the distance.

It got me thinking that maybe I should upgrade the p*ss poor standard exhaust I have on my car.

Had a chat to another CS member about it and he said, BTB! **** has one of those on his trophy. Just so happens that I went in that trophy (admittedly as a back seat passenger) a while back and the sound of the exhaust nearly made my ears bleed.:eek: Very low grumbling sound but it resonated (spelling?) throughout the cabin and was very uncomfortable.

Probably was much less intrusive in the front in but the upshot of it all appears to be that while i'd like an aftermarket exhaust, the noise from them is tiresome and much louder.

I'd like a better sounding exhaust and could put up with it being a tad louder but i'm not sure if such a spec exists in an aftermarket job:(

lol i would deffo aviod a yozzasport exhaust then :D

the btb is a reasenably quiet exhaust system, mines almost silent when motorway cruising and nice and throaty under hard acceleration :)

clio 200 F4Rt

I would agree with this, it would almost seem as tho the boot amplifies the sound, so its not perfect in the back, but as you say far better up front.

But also as said below, if you use your throttle in the right way, the system can be silent if you want it to, or sing under hard acceleration.

We are yet to have any one disappointed with it.

clio 200 F4Rt
Im down for one, will give you a ring week or so before FCS and sort out payment.

I will prob send you a personal cheque dont fancy carrying that amount of money down with me.

Speak to you soon, John.

No problems, look forward to hearing from you :D

mat

182FF c/w Recaros
I would agree with this, it would almost seem as tho the boot amplifies the sound, so its not perfect in the back, but as you say far better up front.

But also as said below, if you use your throttle in the right way, the system can be silent if you want it to, or sing under hard acceleration.

We are yet to have any one disappointed with it.

I'll have to get out in one again, in the front, and preferably have a drive of one.

If I keep my car a while (not certain) then I defo want to change at some point as the standard one is sh*te, imo.

S1RST/205GTI

lol i would deffo aviod a yozzasport exhaust then :D

the btb is a reasenably quiet exhaust system, mines almost silent when motorway cruising and nice and throaty under hard acceleration :)
Why do Yozzasport resonate?

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
You'll often find that aftermarket exhausts sound excessively loud in the rear of the car (many standard ones do too) In hatchbacks in particular the boot acts like a big drum, quite often if you take the parcel shelf out its a lot less boomy. More upmarket cars have shelves that are made of materials that dampen sound a lot better. You could also try putting some sound deadening sheets (available from a car bodyshop supplier) on the underside of the shelf and also and the boot floor itself.