ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB Stealth fitted :)

172 Cup
Having driven with this exhaust for another day, I can say it is slightly louder than oem at town speeds and completely acceptable to me for urban driving.

I am finding it hard to live with when sitting at 3750 rpm at top on the motorway; you can reduce the noise by applying the slightest pressure to the accelerator when cruising. It’s not that the noise is excessive throughout the rev range; I guess I just don't like the frequency at motorway speeds and I like to listen to the radio (which it is interfering with).

All of this is in comparison to the standard system; I have no other reference point to compare it to.

Overall, a little too quiet for a second car and b road blast, the wrong frequency, for me, for 40 mile motorway commutes.

I think a ninja back box may be in order or cat back system for sale if the ninja is not backwards compatible.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Shame yours is noisy-mine certainly isn't :)

Interesting to see the weight difference, will be weighing mine at some point.

How much does the JP Exhausts stealth weigh Fred?

172 Cup
I guess we all have different tolerances and sensitivities to certain frequencies.

The exhaust had covered 3.5K before i fitted it, whether they are quieter from new, i do not know.

If i did more urban driving then i too would consider it quiet, i don't notice it when on a B road with frequent gear changes. Unfortunatley your mind tends to focus on the more mundane things when your not concentrating on the next bend.

BTB, please make a silent running switch for motorway journeys :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I guess we all have different tolerances and sensitivities to certain frequencies.

The exhaust had covered 3.5K before i fitted it, whether they are quieter from new, i do not know.

If i did more urban driving then i too would consider it quiet, i don't notice it when on a B road with frequent gear changes. Unfortunatley your mind tends to focus on the more mundane things when your not concentrating on the next bend.

BTB, please make a silent running switch for motorway journeys :)

I find mine even quieter for motorway during than urban travel... :/ strange.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Fair comment, guess after all you're comparing it to a mild steel system. Noise output on mine drops slightly around 70, couldn't ask for more in all honesty.

Can sympathise RE certain frequencies-the Ktax/Janetspeed i was unfortunate enough to have run previously was pretty much irritating throughout the entire range :dead:

14kg off the top of my head :)

Fred, next time you have one in can you bang it on your scales please dude. Cheers :)

Lionel Richie
it is, and you haven't heard a YS stealth ;)

k-tec
IMG-20110305-00042.jpg

BTB
btb.jpg

just to update, the YS stealth is 14kg exaclty (race system is 10kg and only 96 DB WITH decat :D)

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172
i went to BTB direct to get mine fitted as they hadn't done an early 172 before... I can honestly say its the best exhaust i've had on any of my cars ever. Noise wise i find its just right for me, however i am used to a stripped out mini with a straight through system haha

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172
Only been fitted a week.... just a shame my clutch has gone bang so can't enjoy it at the min :(

I agree a fantastic bit of kit

Ph2 1.2, Ph1 172
i had thought about having a bash myself but with work commitments it'd take me about 2 weeks to get it all done with the limited day light hours i'd have.

But back on topic, BTB is the future.... was loving the tone on the drive to the garage this morning, despite having to take it so easy

172 RS Ph1
I have my BTB on for about 2 months now, and I must say that the built quality is superb.

But... it's just a little too loud for me :( The booming-boom just gets really annoying on motorways when covering a lot of miles. Would be perfect as a weekend car though. Any ideas if the back box fits the std system? If yes I might sell just the back box and get the Ninja back instead.

Last edited:
  ph2 clio 172
martin b
yes I have the ninja and center section is same just a different back box design (still fits the same center section), and I can 100% confirm its standard quiet so no boomy noises on the motorway

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Shame yours is noisy-mine certainly isn't :)

Interesting to see the weight difference, will be weighing mine at some point.

How much does the JP Exhausts stealth weigh Fred?

Just weighed Mikes BTB Stealth on the balance in the lab at work (incl clamp & secondary hanger). Needless to say, it wasn't 18kg.

15.406Kg including the secondary hanger, 14.904kg without.

Backbox:
dsc02179cd.jpg

Centre section:
dsc02181a.jpg

dsc02182q.jpg

Secondary hanger:
dsc02183j.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Quite heavy really, when you consider the RS192 is about 1.2 kgs heavier with 2 back boxes..

Considering as the three 172 systems discussed above are much of a muchness in weight, suppose it is a little surprising. I've never actually seen the pics from when you put yours on a precision balance Jack-post them up.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've never actually seen the pics from when you put yours on a precision balance Jack-post them up.

Unfortunately my scales were being calibrated by a swiss watch-maker at trading standards when my exhaust was off the car.
Oh well, what can you do eh.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Quite heavy really, when you consider the RS192 is about 1.2 kgs heavier with 2 back boxes..

Considering as the three 172 systems discussed above are much of a muchness in weight, suppose it is a little surprising. I've never actually seen the pics from when you put yours on a precision balance Jack-post them up.

not really. I would happily bet money on which will last longer. Our Supersprint race stealth system is 14kg with a mid silencer and 9kg for a single rear backbox version. Also one point to note is a smaller bore will be lighter.

172 Cup R.I.P
so am i right in saying that the YS system is slightly restrictive whereas the ktec and btb are more free flowing?

on my old 172 cup i had the standard ktec and i didn't really have a problem with fitment but was a little boomy

so my next 172 i was considering a btb as long as it isn't too restrictive i.e i would like some gains for my money

has anyone decatted a btb system?