ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seats for 172/182

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Okay, never changed seats in past cars so a bit clueless really....a few questions:

1. Which brand should i go for and where shall i buy them from?, does cliosport run discount with any companys?

2. How difficult is it to remove the OE seats and do you have to disconnect the battery for the airbag system to dis-charge?

3. How difficult is it to re-fit the aftermarket seats, what is the procedure for fitting the subframes?

4. Whats the best way of disabling the airbag light?

5. Which harnesses do i go for..3 point/2 point? and where do they fix to? Have seen a picture of someones car with the harnesses going to a rear strut brace, is this a good idea/safe etc?

6. Are they going to be comfortable enough for journeys 2hrs plus, also because they are fixed back is the driving position good?

7. Is there anything ive forgotten to ask? haha....sorry for all the questions but figured it would help other people that may also be considering this purchase.

...PS. Tom/loony, what seats are you guys going for? possible group buy or not?

Cheers guys

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 09 January 2005

1. Which brand should i go for and where shall i buy them from?, does cliosport run discount with any companys? PM yozza he sells seats I belive. CS memeber get discounts at Demon tweeks and a few other places best have a look in the members area.

2. How difficult is it to remove the OE seats and do you have to disconnect the battery for the airbag system to dis-charge? Err not to bad you have to remove the sub frames from under the car but its been done before.

3. How difficult is it to re-fit the aftermarket seats, what is the procedure for fitting the subframes? Put the new sub frames in where the old seats sub frme has come from.

4. Whats the best way of disabling the airbag light? Stick a 1.8 to 4.2 (I think its 4.2) ohm resister in the airbag wiring and it makes the computer think the airbag is still there so you dont get no light comming on.

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 09 January 2005

Okay, never changed seats in past cars so a bit clueless really....a few questions:

1. Which brand should i go for and where shall i buy them from?, does cliosport run discount with any companys?

im personally going for cobra sazukas which brand/model is up to you i suppose the best way would be to go somewhere you can sit in them to see if you are happy with them. Cliosport has club discount with both cobra themselves and also demonb tweeks who sell varous buckets/recliners from different manufacturers but PM Yoz about cobras hell sort out something for you.

2. How difficult is it to remove the OE seats and do you have to disconnect the battery for the airbag system to dis-charge?

i havnt removed them but IIRC its pretty straightforward removing 4 bolts per seat and unplugging the airbag/preteneioner looms. Probably would be advisable to disconnect the battery for an hour or so just incase there is any residual charge that may trigger off the bag if somehow the contacts are bridged

3. How difficult is it to re-fit the aftermarket seats, what is the procedure for fitting the subframes?

Not sure but if you buy the subframes as well as the sidemounts i believe you save alot of hassle with fitting, Yoz or Roamer would be able to advise as they have both fitted them to theirs

4. Whats the best way of disabling the airbag light?

you need to run a resistor into the system as the airbag is a resistance dependant circuit that the ECU for the airbag checks so any change be it drop or increase will bring the light on. ill be either seeing if i can get a loom from renault seeing as they are offering buckets -airbag on 182s or ill get some plug connectors to clip into the original loom and run a wire + a resistor and make a mini harness to put the light out.

5. Which harnesses do i go for..3 point/2 point? and where do they fix to? Have seen a picture of someones car with the harnesses going to a rear strut brace, is this a good idea/safe etc?

3 point should suffice and the sides will use original mounting points and the rear can either be clipped into the rear belts or will have a metal braket you can bolt into the floor where the belts mount in the rear but this depends whether you are keeping the rear seats or not. Again Roamer or yoz can clarify anything you need to know.

6. Are they going to be comfortable enough for journeys 2hrs plus, also because they are fixed back is the driving position good?

Yoz went tospa and the ring with his fitted and regularly drives all over the country so unless you have a back complaint or are a big girl you should be fine. The seat can be slid on the subframe and angled on the sidemounts to get the most suitable position.

7. Is there anything ive forgotten to ask? haha....sorry for all the questions but figured it would help other people that may also be considering this purchase.

...PS. Tom/loony, what seats are you guys going for? possible group buy or not?

Cheers guys

hope this helps fella.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Cheers for the help guys :). Loony, when do u reakon youll be getting your seats mate? Where can i find pics of Yoz and roamers cars.. thanks

pics of yozs will probably be on thebigsleep (his website) and probably on lees site too. Roamers im not so sure on but if you PM him im sure hell tell you where you can see them.

Mine hopefully within the next couple of months, its either them or coilovers 1st and ideally i want the coilovers fitted before the seats but if it drags on the seats will go in 1st.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Good work yoz, can you PM me details on the seats you sell mate.....got cash burning a hole in me pocket haha. Cheers dude