ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seats - Sub-frame / Side mount HELP!

Hi all, I'm planning on buying some bucket seats in the near future for my mk2 ph2 (whenever I come across a bargain on ebay) Not too fussed about whether they are reclining or not and whether they they are side mounted or on sub-frames.

My only worry is the visibility I'll get depending on how they are mounted. I'm a short arse at only 5' 5/6 and was wondering if there was such a thing, would I need raised subframes or similar?

I know some side mounts are height adjustable but without the ability to slide forwards and back, is it a case of 1 chance only to fit them to my desired position?

Also hard about bucket seat cushions but do not know how much high these can be or how aesthetically pleasing they are

Any help appreciated, ta

side mounts allow for the height adjustment

cobra do 2 types of subframe, normal and xlow

then you can mount the bucket seat directly onto the subframe e.g. fixed or you cobra sell adaption bars and runners enabling the seats to slide.

so you have height and slide adjustment

So in theory, can I have height and slide adjustment from sub-frames, or would they have to be side mounted to allow height adjustment?

Cheers.

side mounts allow for the height adjustment

cobra do 2 types of subframe, normal and xlow

then you can mount the bucket seat directly onto the subframe e.g. fixed or you cobra sell adaption bars and runners enabling the seats to slide.

so you have height and slide adjustment

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Theres a good chance i'll be putting together a few Futara bucket seats + adjustable custom sub frames & fitting in the near future...

Fitted to my 172

Frammedseats.jpg

Will be in the region of £700 for 2 seats & custom sub frames & fitting, which is veeeery cheap compared to others on the market :cool:

James

if your buying bucket seats they HAVE to have side mounts, that is how they fit the the sub frame unless there the cheap cobra base mount ones

So buckets ... side mounts where u can set the right heigh for you ... adapting bars and runners so you can slide the seat back and forward and then the subframe which bolts to the car and the runners bolt onto this frame

So buckets ... side mounts where u can set the right heigh for you ... adapting bars and runners so you can slide the seat back and forward and then the subframe which bolts to the car and the runners bolt onto this frame

I see, I didn't know it was possible to use both at once.

And yes, I think I'll be going for cheapish base mounted cobras, possibly cobra monacos. Would this then mean I would be able to adjust the height due to there being no side mounts?

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
I'm so confused on what to get for my sabelt seat as I can't find subframes to fit the seat. I can use universal ones but the don't have the seat belt point. Do I just get a subframe that directly fits the Clio? And do I need runners and side mounts aswell?