ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulbs...

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

I see by looking through the Galleries that many Mk2 172 owners have replaced their bulbs with "Philips Silver Vision and Blue Vision bulbs"... are these still Xenon ones?

If not, why change them, and what improvements do they give. Also how much/where from?!

Cheers
- Andy

They are indicators and Im guessing Fog Lights! You cant put bulbs in the place of Xenon - totally different system.

Standard 172 MkII Fog Lights look Yellow against the Xenon Headlights, so they change them for the Blue Vision Ones.

Silver Vision are used as indicators - they look silver, but flash orange.. stop the headlight/ side repeater looking orange all together when off.

Daz.

No my mistake no one would replace the main beams with any philips bulb because they would not fit, xeons are the best u can get. I was talking about a std clio. The only thing worth changing on a 172 is the indicator bulbs to get rid of that horrible orange look and the side lights. Powerbulbs gave me a new set of bluevision sidelight blulbs for free when I placed my order, these give white look at the front which makes a 172 look great in the dark.

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Yeah, Ive got Silvertec ones for my rear indicators and plan the same for the front to get rid of the "fried egg" look...

Had a look on the powerbulbs website and its quite confusing eh?! Might invest in some of the blue vision ones for my fogs then... anyone know the style (H1, H2 etc?)

320d M Sport

exactamundo!

dont bother with the blue vision, theyre utter cack and youll cut your hands to shreds trying to fit them!!