ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

WRX
​Didn't realise I had made such a good start.
I think you should definitely be proud of the day mate. Nath asked all about the Sadev and asked how much time advantage it gave him. Reckon it must be a good few seconds over a lap so to be right with him at the end speaks for itself. (Basing the cars are even similar on power, which on paper I don't think they are)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
iir TDF spec was 240?... I've read something similar before... hmmm

very possibly. last 236bhp car I saw from there was 204, then 215 with the map fixed, so given that I believe the white car is 205-210(maximum) based on it still using stock injectors, I think they're bob on the same. the pace of them both backed that up, the black car got a real jump on Tony out of the last corner onto the long straight (gearbox advantage), but there wasn't anything in it once they were on open track

172 Race Car
Need to get it on your rolllers Dan. Yes its on stock injectors but running a higher fuel pressure remember.

Its over 200 from the ass dyno so thats all that matters

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Sounds like a decent outing then Tony!

Cant wait for Combe and come annoy you, you traveling down on the day?

Great day, you've got my looking a track cars now! Was nice to meet some new people, and thanks again to Tony and Helen for fantastic hospitality!

Schma Schme 1.6l
when you come to combe, if anyone needs any bits in a hurry, i live 10 mins away and have a barn full of 2 race clio's in bits. wheels, panels, bumpers, suspension bits.

them walls at combe aint forgiving!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
when you come to combe, if anyone needs any bits in a hurry, i live 10 mins away and have a barn full of 2 race clio's in bits. wheels, panels, bumpers, suspension bits.

them walls at combe aint forgiving!

Top offer :)
The speed Tony will be going if he has an off at quarry or camp one of the shells is probably the spare he will need, lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Dont want to thread crap. but am i missing something. The comments in that thread got him banned? And permanantly?

Ahha, I'm sure he'll be back. Anyways moving on.

Pete were you racing Saturday?

Unfortunatley not - broke the spare engine at Rockingham and now rewiring the whole car as the limp mode came back at Rock, which caused me to start mashing gears (which lead to a wrong gear selection) trying to catch up with the pack.
So new engine (3rd in as many months Doh!) and re loom and will be ready for Brands Indy June 27th French Trophy race.

Phew...

Clio 172
Unfortunatley not - broke the spare engine at Rockingham and now rewiring the whole car as the limp mode came back at Rock, which caused me to start mashing gears (which lead to a wrong gear selection) trying to catch up with the pack.
So new engine (3rd in as many months Doh!) and re loom and will be ready for Brands Indy June 27th French Trophy race.

Phew...

I heard about the engine I didn't know if Dan had managed to get your new one up and running for Silverstone. June or July 27th? June is a Thursday..

182cup & 172 racecar
A little teaser.

3e91c86d-a682-4383-9ddf-d4a1919f28ca_zps20e1344c.jpg