ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its going to be raining I won't be coming. (I'll check in the morning)

Dragging a moaning wet 6 year old around all day won't be fun!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What's the weather going to be then homos?

Any ideas? (I don't trust the weather app on my phone!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Perfik.

s**t shave shampoo, try and find a car with tax on it (I've got 4 cars at my house, none have tax on Ffs!) and I'll be on my way then!

Just need to dig out my Burpspeed cheerleaders outfit...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just been watching the live stream... awesome racing from the guys in the Clios! Seems that Tony was a bit of a pre-race favourite but the first lap incident didn't help his cause. Great race all the same and likewise for Ian and James. :) Also great to see Sam with some nice driving as she moved through the field. :) Enjoyed that!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was a really good race. Much better than the one before that had 4 cars in it! God that was dull.

Sat in the car now as its pissing down.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate, it wasn't meant to be cryptic. :)

James got off to a flying start with Ian appearing to have a problem getting away. Into the first corner and Tony was pushing hard and, it's hard to tell from the coverage, but he was involved in a minor bump with another car (t-bone Tony!) but kept it together well. The result was that James had a few seconds lead for the first handful of laps. Tony had a bit of visible damage to the front of the car but was running well all the same, maintaining a fairly consistent distance behind James. However, Ian was flying and started to reel in Tony and eventually made the pass. He then reeled in James over the coming laps and was absolutely flying. Tony also kept with him and they were soon within a second or two of James. Ian eventually made the pass to take the lead and the race settled down for the last few laps with Ian, James and Tony taking the top three spots. A very entertaining race and I'm sure they guys will be along with more information when they get chance.

Link here. About to show the next race I believe... you will need an account!

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1426300/events/2275824

Clio 172
Some great racing, Ian clearly has one quick Clio. James did really well especially being chased for half the race by two very good drivers.

172 Race Car
Sorry mate, it wasn't meant to be cryptic. :)

James got off to a flying start with Ian appearing to have a problem getting away. Into the first corner and Tony was pushing hard and, it's hard to tell from the coverage, but he was involved in a minor bump with another car (t-bone Tony!) but kept it together well. The result was that James had a few seconds lead for the first handful of laps. Tony had a bit of visible damage to the front of the car but was running well all the same, maintaining a fairly consistent distance behind James. However, Ian was flying and started to reel in Tony and eventually made the pass. He then reeled in James over the coming laps and was absolutely flying. Tony also kept with him and they were soon within a second or two of James. Ian eventually made the pass to take the lead and the race settled down for the last few laps with Ian, James and Tony taking the top three spots. A very entertaining race and I'm sure they guys will be along with more information when they get chance.

Link here. About to show the next race I believe... you will need an account!

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1426300/events/2275824

Ian didnt have it in gear when the lights went out. Tony and the 205 got together in Gerards, fair bit of panel damage on both cars.

really good races,

​ive got the SD cards from Tonys cameras and will get vids done asap. Having problems with the datalogger atm

clio cup
Great to finally meet you Tony, Sorry Jay, Tony was rude and didn't introduce you,lol but thanks for your time mate as I know there is always other stuff on your mind on race day,

Great racing and by far the most amount of interest from the spectators too out of all the classes, Mind you, that Skyline in the classics was pretty special!

WRX
This Skyline, he's from the same village as me. This is from last year but you'll get the idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Great to finally meet you Tony, Sorry Jay, Tony was rude and didn't introduce you,lol but thanks for your time mate as I know there is always other stuff on your mind on race day,

Great racing and by far the most amount of interest from the spectators too out of all the classes, Mind you, that Skyline in the classics was pretty special!
Lol, Jay wasn't there when you came round.
Good to meet you at last.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The skyline was insane. Never seen anything so fast in my life. Was going past evos like they were stood still!!

182cup & 172 racecar
Well another eventful day.
More paintwork damage for 4, couldn't be helped I'm afraid.
Eat or get eaten in my book.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm very excited about the possibility of a renaultsport Clio series.

Very!!

172 Race Car
Well another eventful day.
More paintwork damage for 4, couldn't be helped I'm afraid.
Eat or get eaten in my book.
img-20130803-00155.jpg

Clio 172
Looks like a very eventful day! Did I miss it? I thought the footage wasn't shown until the end of August??

Was a live feed that Andy put a link up for at the top of the page.

Tony I expect if it was half as exciting being in the car as it was watching then you had a great day (only saw the second race).

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Was available on a live link!

But shown end of the month on motors tv.

Hopefully have full in car footage - fingers cross I turned cameras on ok!