ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm in talks about it today.
Will be a very basic spec car.

If you want to keep it cheap then insist on standard genuine renault shocks only. (172 only non trophy/cup packed)

2K of suspension is just as dear as a set of bodies after all, so no good trying to keep the engines cheap if the suspension then still costs a fortune.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you want to keep it cheap then insist on standard genuine renault shocks only. (172 only non trophy/cup packed)

2K of suspension is just as dear as a set of bodies after all, so no good trying to keep the engines cheap if the suspension then still costs a fortune.

​I'm going to start a thread about it now. The topic keeps clogging up other people threads.

WRX
That's exactly what's being suggested Chip. Basically cage, seat, extinguisher/cutoff. Only options being springs and maybe camber. Keep it as cheap as possible so for about 3k you could be on the grid.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Who's was the silver clio with green wheels? It was mentally loud. On the flip side, Ian Collins car was probably the quietest. Silent Assassin?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
got footage but no data. Doing them later.

It was turned on I did first race then nick done second!
Remember turning them off after each race as well, best check that it working then.

At least ill will be quicker to upload this time! LOL

clio cup
Ian, What spec is your engine? Great result for all three of you this weekend and some close, clean racing, We'll forget about the Peugeot incident!, lol

Clio 182 Race Car
Ian, What spec is your engine? Great result for all three of you this weekend and some close, clean racing, We'll forget about the Peugeot incident!, lol
Well that's what you get from trying the outside on cold tyres - anything can happen, that's speaking from bitter experience! Standard engine and head and valves and springs, ARP head bolts, 421Cams, Jenvey Bodies and OMEX ECU - Maps at 209 BHP and 167 lb/ft on rollers at MechMotors in Cheltenham.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well that's what you get from trying the outside on cold tyres - anything can happen, that's speaking from bitter experience! Standard engine and head and valves and springs, ARP head bolts, 421Cams, Jenvey Bodies and OMEX ECU - Maps at 209 BHP and 167 lb/ft on rollers at MechMotors in Cheltenham.

​I'm assuming you're Ian Collins?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah ok. Just trying to sort out in my pea-brain who you all are. Forum names rarely match real names on the side of race cars!

172 Race Car
It was turned on I did first race then nick done second!
Remember turning them off after each race as well, best check that it working then.

At least ill will be quicker to upload this time! LOL
Yes much quicker. might be ready by the morning

Definitely turned it on for the second race and saw it flashing Jay. :s
Dont worry ive got video proof that you turned it on. Will take it to Llandow to see whats up with it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Been home an hour! What a place to get out of.

Great weekend by all, and I apologise to Gordon for the Gerrards incident, but a little more space would have been helpful.

Anybody else have fun getting past Beth Cox? Foooooooo...!!

Nice to see everybody again, it's been too long.

Mike and Nick :cheers:

And Adam for doing the petrol run, how's the long arm?

172 Race Car
This is incorrect....................

untitled.jpg

1.2 16v
Spotted the clio like, didn't see it on track though just walking around the paddock! Shame I didn't get a chance to meet anyone.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Anybody else have fun getting past Beth Cox? Foooooooo...!!

shouldn't be allowed on track, absolute liability, she hit Sam coming out of Devils elbow, hit the other side of Gordons car that you hadn't smashed, and took more trips across the grass than I could count.