ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
​Don't know, it can't be the driver, that's for sure.
Fuel additives?

356.jpg

It light the Tony's by 80kg iirc

Wow I can't see how a car could be that much lighter but that's impressive I'm still about 60kg's heavier than Tonys car so I'm miles off the weight of Ian's. Doesn't seem to matter as was all good fun and pretty close. I will just sort my geo issues and go again! Can't be bothered trying to get more power or loose more weight too expensive :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Why is the black Clio so quick?
Ian uses a higher quality wax allowing him to slide through the air easily. It's all in the detailing... :p Simples! On a serious note, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the folks off here racing around Mallory. I hope I can make at least one of the future events in way of support. :)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Wow I can't see how a car could be that much lighter but that's impressive I'm still about 60kg's heavier than Tonys car so I'm miles off the weight of Ian's. Doesn't seem to matter as was all good fun and pretty close. I will just sort my geo issues and go again! Can't be bothered trying to get more power or loose more weight too expensive :(

Was talking to Ian and that's what be said after being weighed after qualifying, best ask him what the exact dry weight was he did say that he's added 20kgs from the original build!

172 Race Car
Is there a build thread? Would also like to know the spec.
same question gets asked after almost every race. No he hasnt got a thread but its been discussed in here many, many times. Just a very well put together car concentrating on what makes a club race car fast.

Clio 182 Race Car
Colin Chapman, my hero said "Simplicate, then add lightness" and "Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." He was the greatest race car builder of his time.

WRX
Colin Chapman, my hero said "Simplicate, then add lightness" and "Adding power makes you faster on the straights, while subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." He was the greatest race car builder of his time.
Amen to that Ian. He and Jim Clark were the ultimate partnership.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah I was gutted plus I didn't know we were eligible for access to Burpspeeds VIP hospitality area. Just checked the calendar and I've got an R26 in for belts and brakes that day so can't do the 30th but i'll come show my ginger mug and some support on the Saturday... really enjoyed the day at Mallory.