ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Just double checked, this is the list we have so far.

Rockingham April 5

Castle Combe May 5

Donnington June 7 Nippon/French only

Snetterton 300 July 12

Silverstone August 9

Cadwell Park September 20

Oulton Park October 4

Autumn Trophy x3 races Snett November 1st Televised event.
:)

182cup & 172 racecar
Things are on the move, got the good message today to say to all the parts have arrived for the rebuild.:approve: I can't wait.

182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks guys. Pictures if he remembers.

And for result, well as long as it makes what it should, it will be better than before.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
So this is what happens when you contaminate the fuel by mapping WAY too rich, then rev to almost 8k for 2 seasons of racing. Bearing coatings have been smashed to pieces! Thrust face of the crank was also eaten up, but didn't get a picture as I threw it in the skip outside the machinists in disgust.

IMG_20140120_161724_zpsfo7bkiwc.jpg

IMG_20140120_161709_zpskghhvg5o.jpg

IMG_20140120_161701_zps6omuvkzg.jpg

IMG_20140120_161655_zps6h9netrj.jpg

detonation pin marks on every piston so they're scrap, all the bores were shiny (bore washed by running rich)

Start again......

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Was that the engine you built Danny?

You didn't map it then I guess?

yes it is

No I didn't. I had a look at it mid season last year for Tony as he said it was getting slower, then found the over fueling. Leaned it off 30% or more in places but the damage was done by then :(

RB 182
It's a real shame to see so many engines/engine parts scrapped due to this one company. What are the plans next? Same as before or something a bit more special?

182cup & 172 racecar
Nothing silly. Few tweeks

Bearings without bit's missing for a start.

I would like to thank Dan for his patience with all this poo, he built a very good engine at the start, so he can do it again, but this time he'll be mapping it :).

One more race would have seen it off.

Bloody hell, shocking really what a bad map can do, just goes to show.

At least you now know what the problem is Tony, and yea one more race and it could have ended in tears...

Hopefully will be getting my chariot up to Dan soon ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
Bloody hell, shocking really what a bad map can do, just goes to show.

At least you now know what the problem is Tony, and yea one more race and it could have ended in tears...

Hopefully will be getting my chariot up to Dan soon ;)

Not until mines done I hope.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
That's horrific! You expect a very highly boosted engine at around 8-9 on full chat don't you? Not an NA engine!

No not really, beyond about 11:1 you're not gaining anything from cooling on even a huge boost turbo 11.8:1 is average target AFR for WOT on boost. Go too rich and you actually encouraged knock. Should be between 12.5 and 13.2:1 on WOT. Below 4k there's no need to go richer than 13.6:1 really.

1 AFR point is approximately 15% so you can see how far out it was

I've been looking into the ECU software, and every setting in the original map, I've not found a compensation table that isn't wrong yet. Its just all crap

182cup & 172 racecar
Found them on the Bay, rang Euro in Banbury, and they will do them for £85.48 for 4 (inc vat). So ordered, be here Friday.

Something's gone right today.

Anybody want to buy a Trackday at Oulton on the 28th feb (fri) with garage?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
No not really, beyond about 11:1 you're not gaining anything from cooling on even a huge boost turbo 11.8:1 is average target AFR for WOT on boost. Go too rich and you actually encouraged knock. Should be between 12.5 and 13.2:1 on WOT. Below 4k there's no need to go richer than 13.6:1 really.

1 AFR point is approximately 15% so you can see how far out it was

I've been looking into the ECU software, and every setting in the original map, I've not found a compensation table that isn't wrong yet. Its just all crap

After reading that it's even scarier how far out it was. I've probably missed it but was this engine ran for a full season? I'm seriously surprised it last that long if it did.