ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
car dyno'd around 190 last year so well up on what we had.

Fuel wise........ just coz. petrol is petrol. as long as its mapped to what we want to use. 95 Ron is everywhere. super vairies from place to place. some is 97,98 or 99. plus if its hanging around and not fresh out the pump it degrades and you end up with lower octane anyway

We are quite pleased how neat the fuel lines came out, the 180′ bend was quite expensive but makes a very tidy job of it.

lol, yes, the price rise from a 90deg to a 180deg is quite a jump... in applications like that though nothing else will do.. does look the part!

excellent result on Matts dyno..

172 Race Car
very happy yes. will be even more so after our next visit.

Engine spec for skimmers:

-Stock 182 bottom end
-ARP Rod bolts
-Phase 1 head
-cat 421 cams
-AT bodies
-95RON Fuel

212bhp, 178lbf

lots of little bits for reliability in it like the supertech valves. should be a nice lump this

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
PM me your email and I'll send a photo, I'm not a full member yet so can't attach photos here.

Basically the walls of the chamber in the head were machined to the gasket line and got rid of some valve shrouding, this improved flow.

Something I've done before on a number of engines, but that level of detail I usually leave for a high compression, eek every drop of power build, which this wasn't. The brief was some more power, and reliability as the primary targets. Pretty pleased with the results :)

Clio.
Something I've done before on a number of engines, but that level of detail I usually leave for a high compression, eek every drop of power build, which this wasn't. The brief was some more power, and reliability as the primary targets. Pretty pleased with the results :)

Agreed, most 16v engines benefit from this sort of thing.
If the brief is what you have achieved, brilliant stuff!

Golf GTD Mk7
Great results guys. What has Matt set the limiter at? Out of curiosity, what's the retail on the supertech valves?

172 Race Car
not sure what the limiter is tbh. will find out.

Dan will answer about the valves im sure. I know they took a long time to arrive, like months

Golf GTD Mk7
They are from the States yes? Long time though

I love the way 421s make the engine scream on full chat :) will be interested to see how the torque delivery looks.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Retail on the valves is "about" £400 after shipping and import duty is accounted for, depending on the current exchange rate

182cup & 172 racecar
The valves were carefully shipped over, protected between the thighs of Virgins, whilst being serenaded by Angles with Harps.