ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
Now it has cam's in, the old set up was restricting it.

Went from 205 bhp to 212 bhp

So it now runs a Pipercross sausage on the front. Thanks Dan at 519 for that late visit.

182cup & 172 racecar
So, at last we have a date to stretch Burpspeeds legs.

After much date checking with work, shifts,will the car be ready etc,etc.

Brands Hatch Monday 12th March we hit the tarmac again.:D

182 track, Mk7 ST
So, at last we have a date to stretch Burpspeeds legs.

After much date checking with work, shifts,will the car be ready etc,etc.

Brands Hatch Monday 12th March we hit the tarmac again.:D

See you there Tony, be good to see how it performs on track :)

Sounds good guys! I bet you can't wait to get out and give the new engine a go :) Hope you have a good day and if you need a spanner boy/general bi*ch for the day then you have my number!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'll try to get down to see it, interested to see how it goes/sounds now.

I'm not sure how long I missed the last few updates, but awesome work as ever.

Looks like Danny did a cracking job, not that I'd expect any different.

182 track, Mk7 ST
It won't be to exciting, looking at data and set up options for May 7th.

Plus we need to make sure we put it back together properly and nothing falls off.

Lol, I'll make sure to pop by your garage at some point during the day and stick my head in if you dont seem to busy or if im not too busy bombing it round haha :)

BMW Z4
That was hosted by Track Days, was punted as open pit lane and then they did 20 min sessions at the last minute because yep you guessed it they overbooked et al the mega traffic all day!

Golf GTD Mk7
you're no fun at times Tony....of course I know you're there for a reason....though after watching the traffic on Icemans vid hope Easytrack live up to their "we don't cram in\on as many cars as we can" and it's not that busy.

Never had a problems with them to be honest. I've heard other organisers are bad though. MSV, in my experience are also pretty good.

182cup & 172 racecar
That was hosted by Track Days, was punted as open pit lane and then they did 20 min sessions at the last minute because yep you guessed it they overbooked et al the mega traffic all day!

20min sessions would suit us anyway, we wouldn't run it for more than that at the best of times.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Fuel rail and oil cooler:

Were booked in at Tour-De-Force next week to get the new engine calibrated, in the meantime there is a few things we needed to finish off. For the last 2 seasons the car has run the standard plastic road car fuel rail, we have never been happy with the way the fuel lines joined together, it was a possible weak point.
We decided to swap to a solid AT Power fuel rail, also increasing the fuel pressure with a new regulator at the same time. It was a
fairly straight forward job.

img00840-20120204-09161.jpg
img00844-20120204-15111.jpg

We are quite pleased how neat the fuel lines came out, the 180′ bend was quite expensive but makes a very tidy job of it. Another little job that we finished off was to fit an oil cooler/heat exchanger.

img00842-20120204-10541.jpg

So that’s the engine bay complete and we’re all ready for our trip to TDF to see how many Gee Gee’s we have to play with this season………
Excitement building.

img00851-20120204-16212.jpg

What size of fuel lines did you guys use if you don't mind me asking?