ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
519240bhp172cup.jpg

pt.jpg

there you go. can see how with 421s and stock-ish compression, the peak torque plateau is reached quite a bit earlier. you could almost shuffle the curve over by 1000rpm. I like lower rpm torque gains :)

/geek rambling over

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well, more the cams. High comp with 421's would be a nice graph to see (although I've seen it done, and IMO the cams held the engine back at that point) and 422's with stock pistons, remachined with larger valve pockets is also an interesting proposition. There are a lot more combinations to achieve different things than the obvious popular ways :) Of course, obvious and popular is normally cheaper and easier, hence popular

172 Race Car
As long as you dont get lost tomorrow. If you come back and tell me it understeers through the craner curves then were in trouble

Golf GTD Mk7
well, more the cams. High comp with 421's would be a nice graph to see (although I've seen it done, and IMO the cams held the engine back at that point) and 422's with stock pistons, remachined with larger valve pockets is also an interesting proposition. There are a lot more combinations to achieve different things than the obvious popular ways :) Of course, obvious and popular is normally cheaper and easier, hence popular

Very true ;)

Did you get your prep finished today boys?

Golf GTD Mk7
did it all last night. Did u enjoy your drive home?

Yeah it was ok, knackered though :) Slight issue with the tps, but it will be sorted soon. Good effort on finishing it up last night. So have you come to the conclusion your CAN wiring was correct and the box is knackered?

182cup & 172 racecar
Yeah it was ok, knackered though :) Slight issue with the tps, but it will be sorted soon. Good effort on finishing it up last night. So have you come to the conclusion your CAN wiring was correct and the box is knackered?

We had to finish it last night, that's why we needed to get away.Thanks for staying though, like the car by the way.

And yes, I think that's what the final conclusion was.

Golf GTD Mk7
Was nice to meet you both again. Glad the dash issue is sorted and Jay can feel more confident about his wiring ;)

Evo 5 RS
Man invented them in order to test will power!

Good luck today fellas, hope you got your camera up and running even if it's only a shake down! I wanna see this thing fly now! :D

We went up a few weeks ago and despite a small problem with the fuel lines, all went well. The new engine was run in on the dyno and the low RPM stuff all sorted pretty quickly. It made a decent power figure but Matt at TDf thought there was more to be gained. The theory being that the carbon airbox we ran before was causing a restriction with the new spec engine. we took the box off completely and the car instantly gained 6bhp. We left it as it was and went back to sort out a different filter for it and try again.

Kinda glad I didn't buy that airbox now :p

Looking really good this year guys, that torque curve is immense!!

Yeah but I'll be fitting cams this summer which will see 215bhp too - so I'm assuming if it was restricting on there's it would have been on mine too
Think I'm gonna stick to my sausage filter lol

172 Race Car
It was spot on for s stock engine. No mention of cams going in yours. Would of thought it obvious we got rid of it due to not suiting our new engine.

172 Race Car
On our way back from Brands now. Had a pretty good day. Nice to shake the rust off and get comfy in the car again. Cameras were rolling so we will see if we got any decent footage. I had 2 clear laps all day. Lol

Car balance is good. Made some minor tweeks and both happy with the car.

The engine is MENTAL!

Sounds good from the inside too :)

Thanks
Lee
James
Mike
for your help today.
It certainly sounds the part from the outside! I have just looked at the video that I got but it's not great! I will try and upload it tomorrow :)

Thanks for having me, It was great for me to get an insight into how you guys run the car and really appreciate all the support and advice you have both given me!

172 Race Car
Thanks
Lee
James
Mike
for your help today.
Yes and from me, thanks chaps,makes life so much easier

It certainly sounds the part from the outside! I have just looked at the video that I got but it's not great! I will try and upload it tomorrow :)

Thanks for having me, It was great for me to get an insight into how you guys run the car and really appreciate all the support and advice you have both given me!
More than welcome mate

Qashcow
Was hoping to pop in and surprise you today but got lost so was running late for work, was only about 20 miles away all day :(

Glad all went without any/many hitches, bring on the race season!