ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Not sure what it is, got off ebay and Ian_s kindly showed me how to convert the info into usefull stuff. Weve not had a chance to use it much as we got it for oulton. Used a borrowed one for mallory and it was good to compare our technique. Tony brakes later for chicane, i carried more speed through esses. End result was similar.

Mainly going to use it for video overlay as we find that useful for comparisions. but on occasion we will compare laps using circuit tools software. Will be usefull on circuits where i struggle to keep up with Tonys pace.

Kerb abuse:eek:

P1030448.jpg

Hahah that's the same corner everyone told me to "cut into deep" - I ended up on 2 wheels and had to change my pants

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Cheers Jay,

I have been looking at the Dl1 and some data I have been running through the program , its quite straight forward to find where you are quicker or slower the hardest thing is transfering that back out on track as in hillclimbs we only get a handful of runs and it can ruin a run trying something as if it makes you slower you only may have another run left.

I may invest in one eventually but I daren't add up how much I have spent for this year already :eek:

Not sure what it is, got off ebay and Ian_s kindly showed me how to convert the info into usefull stuff. Weve not had a chance to use it much as we got it for oulton. Used a borrowed one for mallory and it was good to compare our technique. Tony brakes later for chicane, i carried more speed through esses. End result was similar.

Mainly going to use it for video overlay as we find that useful for comparisions. but on occasion we will compare laps using circuit tools software. Will be usefull on circuits where i struggle to keep up with Tonys pace.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Car is looking and sounding incredibly fit gents. I'm more than a touch narked that the Brands race is on a sodding Monday...

Wow just watched the videos - I really can't wait to get mine back down to Brands now - and Anglesey

I've not had chance to get it on track since the ITB's and all the stripping happened over winter - but your car sounds awesome and goes like hell
What tyres are you guys running?

172 Race Car
Interesting - I mentioned to one of my mates who does a lot of sprint racing about getting R888's and he said "they're over advertised b****cks, get dunlops"... lol
Weve been saying that for 2 years. They were great when they were cheap. Now they the same price as everything else. Bit of a sheep tyre, they are kind of the in thing. Get more forum kudos running them. They are better in cold/damp conditions tho, but dry track Dunlops are ace

Golf GTD Mk7
Federal R are supposed to be great tyres also. I'll be getting them next. 888's are good, but I wouldn't pay the price for new ones.

Clio 172
Blimey what a read, I started three weeks ago and have managed to intermitedly read through. Nice to see the progress from Clio wheel barrow to track car. Great videos and the tin tops looks like a lot of fun series to run in. I'd love to have the time to do something like that but I think for now at least I'll stick to my track days. The new engine looks and sounds very impressive and I'm sure will give you guys an added boost this year. I'd lhope to get along to one of the races this year and was just cross referencing the dates with work and I think I'll be able to get to one at least. I'll be following you guys closly this year and wish you all the success.

172 Race Car
Thanks for the comments mate. Glad there are still people out there willing to read my scribbles.

If you come to a race make sure you come and introduce yourself.

Really sorry to hear about this guys, Jay told me about it last night and its a real shame but sometimes you've got to put other things ahead of cars :( I was looking forward to racing with you this season but hopefully still see you both in the paddock and best of luck with the sale!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Absolutely gutted :( Catching someone hanigng out the back of your daughter is really going to ruin a friendship