ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a laptop off Gumtree? Dodgy?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've seen a couple of laptops on Gumtree that are brand new and roughly 60% the price they should be from a shop. Now obviously the line "unwanted gift" may not quite be true. But at the same time do people really sell stolen laptops on the internet, surely it's a bit too obvious?

Can a "hooky" laptop be traced when connected to the internet?

Cheers.

I've seen a couple of laptops on Gumtree that are brand new and roughly 60% the price they should be from a shop. Now obviously the line "unwanted gift" may not quite be true. But at the same time do people really sell stolen laptops on the internet, surely it's a bit too obvious?

Can a "hooky" laptop be traced when connected to the internet?

Cheers.

Some of the newer ones can, but it usually has to be activated by the user. If its brand new chances of it being registered are slim.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
They might not be stolen, but I think I'm going to assume that they are and leave it.