ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a US iPhone

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Am in the States with work for the next 5 days.

Thinking about getting a 64gb 5S as i'm sim only at the mo and my contract is cheap as fack.

Will I be covered for a year on a new phone at apple or will it be void as it's a US model?

Anyone had any experience buying over there? Hear it's hard to get phones without contracts.

Nice one.

GTD, Lupo
I bought an iPod in Afghanistan from an american shop and the earphone socket stopped working, I'm pretty sure i got it replaced, i just needed proof of purchase.

GTD, Lupo
Found this on the apple support website;

There is no "international warranty" of any sort on the iPhone. Each iPhone is, as has been said many times in many threads here and on many other web sites, specific to the country in which the iPhone is purchased. That is stated in the warranty statement for the iPhone as well. So for a US iPhone, you will indeed have to send it to someone you know in the US to take or send to Apple and then send it back to you.

Not good.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I asked this roughly 12 months ago when I was going to the US with work, I ended up buying in the UK because of the warranty thing, although to be fair after 11 months my 5S has been flawless

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
US Spec 5S doesn't work on the same bands as the euro spec ones.

Warranty is irrelevant, its worldwide. (for the first year)

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
US Spec 5S doesn't work on the same bands as the euro spec ones.

Warranty is irrelevant, its worldwide. (for the first year)

Cheers for the info, am back on the UK now but some pals are still out there.

Worth getting them to pick up a US 6 then you think?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Will they fancy queuing up at an apple store from tomorrow morning until Friday morning?