ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPhone 4S sim free

PH1 iceburg
Have many people done this? I was going to just start a new contract to get a new phone as i want to upgrade my 3gs but would workout cheaper in the long run to buy iit outright (plus i wont have to change my number!

Am i best just going to the apple store or does anyone trust these ebay sellers that sell 64gb version for the price of 32gb.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I do this, far cheaper IMO over the cost of a 24 month contract, i'd much rather go to apple.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
When my iPhone 4 finally dies, I will be buying my next handset direct from the Apple store and using my exsisting giffgaff micro sim.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Am I missing something because that looks like a genuine iPhone?

Subtle differences are noticeable to the trained eye...

No iPhone ever produced has ever stated what model it is beside the word "iPhone" on the rear panel (eg 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S).
The rear panel of the iPhone 4S doesn't state what model it is eg 16GB/32GB/64GB.
The font of the writing on the rear isn't the correct one used on genuine handsets.
The font used on the screens display isn't correct.
The padlock in the top menu to denote the screen is locked is to the left of centre where it should be displayed.
The battery percentage and the WiFi symbols are incorrectly spaced to that of a genuine iPhone.
The date isn't displayed in the DD/MM/YYYY format like it is here.
A genuine iPhone doesn't support memory cards.
The internals of an iPhone don't look anything like this one.
A genuine iPhone has its sim tray which is only accessible from the side, not from the rear.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Everything is snide! I didn't go into too much detail with the internals cos I would be here all night! Just to compare, this is what the inside of a genuine 4S looks like...

52982949-788e-636f.jpg