ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying brake disc+pads info from GSF.

Clio 1.2i 16V 2002
Hey all,

got a clio 1.2 16v 02 plate, need to replce my pads + discs, but was wondering (might be a stupid question), do the brae discs come in pairs? or are they sold as singles? and same applies to the brake pads (you get 4 pads right? 2 for each side).

+ do I need to bleed the fluid (its done 25k)

+ getting a m8 mechanic to do it, is £50 worth it (me not confident to do it)?

cheers for the info.

phil

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
Disks are sold as single sides from GSF(Naughty/Dangerous BTW). Pads are sold as an axle set of 4. packs contain everything needed to do both sides of either front or rear.

Fluid bleed shouldn't be necessary but I like to do mine every two years as if anything it keeps the bleed nipples free and un-siezed.

Clio 1.2i 16V 2002
btw, On my car on the caliperbit, it says Lucas, assuming I should use Lucas brakes, but on the gsf site it only says bendix and girling...

no lucas brakes?

phil

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
Girling are te same company as lucas mate. They're supposed to say lucas/girling but knowing GSF someone's probably made a mistake.

I'd bleed the fluid it will make a big difference plus IMo you should do it ever time you replace the pads anyway. I have to chnage mine about ever 10k on the diesel when its done track days as there so much air in there.
£50 not a bad price depends what you have to supply. Personally I'd do it myself since then you'll never have to pay agaian the parts you'll need are.
One person eazi bleed kit £20 halfords
Brake fluid £10 for some decient dot 4 stuff (buy 2 bottle shtough and return the second as although you probably won't ned it its a pain if you dont ahve any more.
Pads £17 from Halfords
Thread locking compount (the new kits don't come with new bolts so you have to re use them so I'd stick some locking compound on them. £3
Disks £50 for a pair from places maybe £60 depends where you go. just make sure there the 260mm disks not the 238mm ones they try sell you.

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
R60116 X2 for the disks
And R64220 X1 for the pads

The brake callipers on the 1.2 16v are common to most older renaults such as 5 GT Turbo, clio valver and williams. The only difference being that for the older performance models the disks are bigger and the calliper mounting holes are spaced out further depending on the model

TD172 the brakes disk on the WIlliams/1.8 16V aand M2 phase 2 plus Mk2 phase 1 1.6 16V share the same disks. The calipers have the same pads as the above cars plus the same calipers as the Renault 5GTT but the %GTT uses the smaller 238mm disks.
Its funny but true the WIlliams and a 1.2 new shape Clio have the same pads and disks.

Clio 1.2i 16V 2002
ok looking at gsf webby:

is this ok for the brake discs (not bothering with uprated at its only a 1.2):

R60116 BRAKE DISC-VENTED 259mm CLIO 1.2 16V/1.4 16V 99> 21.70

and which one for brake pads:

R64220 BRAKE PAD SET-GIRLING CAL CLIO GIRLING 12.50
or
R64221 BRAKE PAD SET-GIRLING CAL CLIO GIRLING 16.50

btw, can you get cliosport discount via going direct to the branch

cheers lads

phil

Clio 1.2i 16V 2002
TD172 said:
R60116 X2 for the disks
And R64220 X1 for the pads

The brake callipers on the 1.2 16v are common to most older renaults such as 5 GT Turbo, clio valver and williams. The only difference being that for the older performance models the disks are bigger and the calliper mounting holes are spaced out further depending on the model

lol posted the same thing.

cheers TD172 and eddie m8, have a good Xmas lads!

but one more question cliosport discount via going to the branch?

phil

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo
Not sure. When I was on RTOC We used got given a GSF privelage card and I used to just show that.

I've just rang up there phone number and either got a nice operator or somehow managed to sweet talk her into giving me the discounted part on mail order.