ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying car audio online!

2001 Ph1 172
Ive been looking at installing a stereo sub amp etc into my ph1 172.

There are some great deals online, but several people have told me that alot of the units on these sites are grey imports that have been adapted for the UK market??? is this an issue can anyone help??/

"Navy" N17 TWO
You are in exactly the same position I was in about 5 months ago...

Was going to buy my ICE online and get someone to help me fit it;

Opted for the local ICE installer instead and never been happier :approve:
For the little extra cost you get friendly advice, a good service and a warranty - plus someone to complain to if it goes pear-shaped.

Up to yourself at the end of the day but if you're unsure don't risk the dodgey stuff

Clio 182
I would agree with the above comments. You do pay for the service you receive but at the same time they do a really neat job. I did order my alpine head unit online and have had no issues. However the sub and amps etc did come from a proper dealer and once setup sound awsome.

Most dealers are willing to do a deal if you are buying allot of stuff in one go.

Rich

2001 Ph1 172
Yeah the diffrence is tho the Apline unit i wany rrps at £299.99 + 69.99 for the Ipod interface . Online i can get it for £233.33 all in!!! big diffrence?

Clio 182
I had the same issue and yes I did get the unit online and have had no problems. I guess the best advice would be to ask the online retailer what their returns policy is and how they handle faults and warranty claims. It can become a huge headache if the unit fails and Alpine will not repair anything that was not destined for the UK market!.

As they say you pays your money and takes your choice!

Hope my ramblings help, out of interest where are you planning on getting it from?

Rich

2001 Ph1 172
cant quite rember at the mo i have the add pinned to my office wall!!! but im at home! But theres a twist to this story i work for halfords soget discont but the unit still works ouy at 300ish

Clio 182
Hmm thats a twisty twist. I have to say ive always been driven on price so would have no hesitation on going online, but then I am an IT geek and dont have an issue with it.

Alpine head units are usally well built and have a good reputation.

Let me know what you decide and how you get on.

Rich

Tangoed Works
Head units are the easiest thing to install. Its a standard shaped iso block on the rear of all modern cars. Just plug in and away you go. If you are running amps etc, if you dont feel comfortable, just get your local ice dealer to set the gains etc. Should be no more than £20-30.

2001 Ph1 172
its not the fitting /setting up i have afear of it the quality and reliability of the product im getting had a chat with mate who had his own audio business and he said buy UK! HEWLP