ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying parts off CS!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
You can usually tell by how the advert is written as well, any text speak and I wouldn't bother.

Short/Poor descriptions and can only send images via text message don't appeal to me either.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
When selling I prefer people to collect, its just easier on both the seller and the buyer. I have never had an issue selling parts this way.

If I have to post stuff I am always scared that it may get damaged in the post or lost.

Ph1
I bought a blue door handle off someone which arrived grey and a set of 4 wheels which was assured they were 100% straight, 2 were anything but. One purchase was from a established member too

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I would say I'm a trustworthy seller, never had any complaints. Saying that I haven't sold too much, lol. When buying things I tend to look through the users previous threads to try and get an idea of whether they could be trusted or not. Post count and join date are also a good indication.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
It's a bit of a risk always.

I have low post count, and don't frequent it too much but I've sold a couple of members a few bits they are satisfied with, but in the same breath I would also find it harder to trust users who rarely contribute to the forum for the reason they are not known and don't have anything to lose (ie; friends they have made on here)

1.2 16v clio 05
im on the forum everyday but dont comment that much just like to read, i havent had any trouble with the few items ive sold so far. at the end of the day ive got nearly a whole 182 in bits at my work that the boss keeps telling me to shift so i need to build up a good report of selling otherwise i will be stuck with it, i always ask for a email address to send pictures to and i also give my mobile number and landline number so i would like to count myself as a good seller

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
im on the forum everyday but dont comment that much just like to read, i havent had any trouble with the few items ive sold so far. at the end of the day ive got nearly a whole 182 in bits at my work that the boss keeps telling me to shift so i need to build up a good report of selling otherwise i will be stuck with it, i always ask for a email address to send pictures to and i also give my mobile number and landline number so i would like to count myself as a good seller

You also like to agree a price and a deal and then when someone offers you more you pm original buyer to see they want to beat it ! Dosent make you a good seller in my book !

clio 172 cup
in regards to the itrader sax-p runs it but worthless you find someone will make multiple accounts leave good feedback to one then use that account to scam happened on several occasions when i was on there.
but as people said few things will reduce risk such as member whos been on for while had couple previous fs threads and pics its a hate of mine when people open threads and go upload pics later WHY!! just do the ad properly when you get home AARRGGGHHHH
i always tend to do a search on the members name if not 100% make sure no open threads on them ect