ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing from dashboard... ANNOYING!!! ARGGGHHH!!!

ClioSport PH2
Hi Guys,

Really trying to sort all iritating faults on my 172, this one being the main culprit, especially at 70mph.

Loud buzz from dashboard after 60mph sounds electrical, below 60mphall windows shut and ac/fan off sounds like wel.... basically like what the ac/fan would sound like if it was at its lowest speed setting.

Anyone had this?

Any Solution?

Cheers

Elf

Clio 172 cup
I had this when my silver tax disc holder lost it's stickiness
I couldn't find the sound at all and it was staring me In The face All along

Megane 225 F1
IT's a french car. It will always rattle. I think the one you mean is just above the stereo. Just smack it and it should stop (for a few miles)

ClioSport PH2
I was thinking it was more of an air con/ climate sensor in the light baove me head thingy...... sorry for lackof technical terms.... I know its french but not having it rattle and I will get rid of it... and like i said its more of a buzz than a rattle! lol!

annoying whatever it is and defo not ust a fitting vibrating...

Clio 172 ph2
Mine noise sounded like dashboartd but was coming from the reading light plastic above my head, abit of reseating and athump sorte dit, mine's pretty quiet now!

RS Clio 200
Lol these are common, the interior temp regulator is on the light fitting in the headlining. Usually when they start buzzing it's game over and around £30 will see a new one in your hands...

ITB BG 182
Also check the screws that hold the dash in near to the windscreen, mine have come loose and popped out.
I found my airvents buzzing, take the dash off and put a little bit of silcone/paste on the loose little bits of plastic, its slightly harder to move the vents but it stops the sodding buzzing.

Megane RS 250
Lol these are common, the interior temp regulator is on the light fitting in the headlining. Usually when they start buzzing it's game over and around £30 will see a new one in your hands...

Mine was the same, had to change the temp sensor...maybe some WD40 would be enough?

ClioSport PH2
Hey Chaps,

Cheers for the help will be whipping out the temp sensor on weekend, if unplugged will this cure prob? obviously no control over the climate temps etc but is this a test that can be performed to check if its fubared?

Also gonna check all dash bolts etc as has same probs with old sport ended up taking dash out and refitting oevr 8 times in one week so a little bit of a pro now and can probs do it in under 10 mins LOL!!!

Cheers

Megane RS 250
Yes it's an easy job, just disconnect the sensor and see if the noise has stopped. Inside the sensor there's a little fan the sucks the air, it's the bearing of this fan that is noisy...a bit of wd40 could cure it!

ClioSport PH2
AHA!!! Found the culprit, it was the air con sesnor thingy, now removed awaiting a clean and some lube, ohhhh yeh! LoL!

Megane RS 250
I bought a new one, I tried every kind of lubricant but the noise was still there. 40 euros in the toilet but at least that annoying buzz is gone (for now).
Even the dealer agree with me that's a poor design and they don't know how to fix it without replacing it.

Personally, I think the temperature sensor would work even without the fan, or they could have used a bigger, slower one (like they do on pc cases), but I don't know how to stop the fan and make the sensor keep working.

Without the sensor the climate control is useless.

I think I'll fit it with a pices of collant fitted to the grill before the sensor so it'll act like a dust filter and it should stay cleaner and quieter.