ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing Sound (Interior light)

Hi all, finally got my car....Monaco Blue Mk2.

Have done a search for previous posts and only found something similar with a 182; Anyone else had a buzzing sound coming from behind the interior light?...am possibly being very dense here, but this car is taking some getting used to!

Is this noise "standard"?

Maybe its a moth....?! :)

Thanks

Slummer

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

my old 172 did this, was replaced under warranty bearing gone in teh fan or something or other.

Thats wierd. Just picked up a mk2 172 today and about 10 mins ago noticed this exact noise. Wonder how much theyll want to fix it?

Quote: Originally posted by lurking on 25 June 2005

Thats wierd. Just picked up a mk2 172 today and about 10 mins ago noticed this exact noise. Wonder how much theyll want to fix it?
Its difficult to "fix" something thats not a fault! :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 25 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by lurking on 25 June 2005Thats wierd. Just picked up a mk2 172 today and about 10 mins ago noticed this exact noise. Wonder how much theyll want to fix it?[/QUOTE]Its difficult to "fix" something thats not a fault! :confused:

On my 1st mk2 172 the fan noise wasnt noticeable, this is a loud buzz, so a fault as far as im concerned :confused:

whoo same problem. are we talking about the front interior light - the unit that runs of the driver mirror?

really annoying.

Hello I´m writing from Mexico, my 172 have this buzz sound, I went to the dealer and they told me that need 2 days to replace this sensor or fan, the cost is 300 USD!!.
Could you tell me please how to change it by my self?
Thank you for your help, sorry for my english language.

Clio200 EDC Lux

jesus 300usd ! 172 Exclusive rekons 2 mintues so even if the garage charge for the hour I cant see how it would be that much

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Yeah I get the same thing. Ive put up with it for a year, but I reckon one of these days Ill just rip it out and chuck it out the window!

tiTTy & SV650

some clios have a blue nipple next the light, this something to do with this? i mind seeing it in a pic of a 182 cup f1 edition from down under....

Clio 1.4, SV650S

nope i have a1.4 mk2 ph1 and it does it too.

i put it down to since i twisted my ariel and water went in. you guys have ariels in a different place though so it cant be that :mad:.

i have neons in my boot wired off the interior lighting. i did once wonder if there was a capicitor in the power supply to the neons conflicting with a capacitor in the fading circuit. but i dont know how the two would affect each other. power to interior lights fades and the neons are either on at a certain voltage, or off you see, maybe fecking up the current. dunno

dont know why people are banging on about the fan this is an electrical fault, it bakes a buzz when the light fades out after youve closed the door, completely unrelated.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

jsut to check...

we are talking about the light in the roof here?... no fans up there!

how could a shagged bearing in the dash make a buzzing noise in the light as it fades?

AFAIK the small fan is actually an internal temperature sensor of sorts, and its mounted in the interior light area...IF you have climate control...

Well Im going to presume the original poster doesnt have neons wired off his interior lights like you do, so lets do the math? ;)

Clio 1.4, SV650S

so any suggestions about my buzzing then roy?

i dont think the two circuits on the lights should affect each other.

Hi, ...and anyone know how to change it?, I don´t know how to do it, and yes the Renault dealer here in Mexico wants 300USD for the piece (the litte fan) and the labour.

Thank you.