ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bye bye 172 - for a week - sob

Yes, the little red one is going to uncle reno for a week...

Its having a few things sorted.. I took the opportunity to get it booked in as I will be away next week.

I have given them strict instructions to rag the ass off it.. as some of the problems are only recreatable at speed..

Gearbox (progressively getting worse n gearchanges)

Exhaust - rattling

Heat shield - rattling

ECU - sort the half n half traction control - either fix it or remove it. !

New steering wheel as grey goo is leaking from the glued joints..

Windscreen washer pipe compressed

and a few other little oddities..

My m8 Dave is the boss there, he assures me he WILL rag it lol.

Joe..

Clio 197

They will be fitting an Ecotek I hope...

That will cure all of those problems in one fell swoop.

The Chromium Plated one works best. Make sure you specify it. I is worth the extra cost.

Ed

lol.. RED !!!..

Its also gonna be used as a demo car for the week (if not in too many parts).. but hey !.. who cares, I got a 3 year warranty WITH the turbo fitted... nice to know people in the right places...:D

Joe.

Leon Cupra

My gearchanges got progressively worse and look what happened, cant say that its was that because they wouldnt tell me what it was but it has got to have somthing to do with it. It seems wierd that when the car came back from Renault UK it had no engine and gearbox in it and all the dealer were told was to fix it and nothing more. Might there be a batch fault?? they must have held the held the engine and box back for some resion, wouldnt be supprised if there was a mass recall soon.

Tim.

dont know about a mass recall.. but it would answer a few niggles about power if tx loss was above normal ??.. doubt it though.. I aint taking any chances with mine.

And Mark.. yes, absolutely...

Joe.

320d M Sport

Could you ask the dood how to fix my feckin brakes also.... :(:(

Paddy

PS-Im gonna go "test drive it" mwrahahahaa!!

Quote: Originally posted by Captain Slarty on 20 September 2002

dont know about a mass recall.. but it would answer a few niggles about power if tx loss was above normal ??.. doubt it though.. I aint taking any chances with mine.

And Mark.. yes, absolutely...

Joe.
Im sure Dave will be more than happy to oblige in some customer service thrashing!!