ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye Elf, hello castrol

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Don’t know if you are all aware, Renault now use Castrol instead of Elf. We’ve only just got all our new stocks after waiting for oil to be sorted and on Backorder... will be running this in mine now after always using Elf.

Castrol know what they are doing though [emoji106][emoji106]
a4357371427fd0e6e04c43b8897acf1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Castrol fairly seem to have the market now when it comes to oem. Must be a big loss for elf as they seemes to have dropped out of the spotlight apart from the renaultsport world

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
Surprised it’s taken this long as they’ve had Castrol on the side of the f1 car for a while

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone been running this new Castrol? I'm needing a top-up for my ELF so will have to mix it with this.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I'm not sure if I'm happy about this. Not only will my OCD have to cope with an Elf sticker on the rear windscreen, and Castrol in the engine, but Castrol GTX just makes me think of Alan at a funeral...

Twingo GT
Just noticed this today. I'm a bit surprised, Renault and elf went back years and years. Also, Castrol gtx, it's not that great of a oil? (I've been using miller's nanodrive for years, but I was thinking of changing (annual mileage has gone up from 7k to about 18k a year).

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I’d say the nanodrive is an eater based synthetic rather than a synthetic blend which is why it’s both higher priced and better for hard driven engines.
So much like the elf use the castrol for road use and light track and balance the cost vs a car which is driven harder on track and would benefit from an Ester blend which does not break down at high temps
We sell the Motul race oil alongside the castrol for that very reason

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I threw some in my megane a couple of weeks ago.

I am only light use. Cheap enough from rpd. I think it was £27.

Been doing mine every 6 months at approx 3k miles. Meg 275 service intervals are 12k or 2 years.