ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bye bye poor car :(

clio 03 1.6 16v
hi guys, unfortunetly comming back from kilmarnock on sunday morning my back tire blew on the m77 at 70mph and the car went a-wall!
i had 3 other peeps in the car! but we're all ok.

done a couple of 360's then ended up going backwards down the m77 lol, i just wanted to avoid going across the road tbqh.
so the insurance company has the car just now for evaluation blah blah..
thought i would let u's know.
Martyn
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=wrhphs&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xe1x5x&s=4

clio 03 1.6 16v
cheers guys, yeh im told i controlled it well with the guys that stopped behind me, i managed to hit the railing side on instead of head on because it was one of the steel cable kind! the road was damp which is what makes me think caused it to be so uncontrolable!
the passenger seat air bag deployed and when i went to start it it would.. just turned over?
what u's think? right off?

alien green rs133
pics of a roll would be more spectacular but your a lucky dude if you ended up facing wrong way could of had someone plow into you, not nice

and not starting is the inerta switch (the one that turns engine off it you have a crash to stop fires, theres a reset under the bonnet

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
eeek glad your ok mate. What tyres were on it and how many miles had they done?

clio 03 1.6 16v
oh well, there asnt to many cars behind me so it was better..
i was suprised at the hazzard lights comming on them self! was rather impressed lol! as for the roll... yeh lets not plz lol, im told they are commong to roll in ituations like tht!

clio 03 1.6 16v
the tires where michelin about 3 month old, i had a puncture 2 days before this so the are was on, but the tread was all good!
thanks mate.

ST
I do it most times i'm on that road mate...my business partner stays in Crookston so its an excuse to use it instead of going through town and back to mine lol..

clio 03 1.6 16v
lmao! fair enough!
just watch ur tires lol. dunno wat im gna do for a car now tbh..
im rather supprised that my insurance quotes havnt rocketed!
ive been trying them and they aint much worse..

E30 318iS x2
Thats must've been frightening :S

Is that a space saver? They allowed to do M way speeds thought they had a limit?

ST
lmao! fair enough!
just watch ur tires lol. dunno wat im gna do for a car now tbh..
im rather supprised that my insurance quotes havnt rocketed!
ive been trying them and they aint much worse..

Indeed matey tho its usually the unmarked 530d's and T5's i watch out for lol..

clio 03 1.6 16v
thanks guys, appreciate it!
just outa curiosity any recomendations on a car for me? no more than 5k? probs prefer diesel tbh..

clio 03 1.6 16v
that was my main concern as soon as the back end went out! i wad making damn sure i didnt cross that barrier! so i do bealive i done well in getting it side on! thanks for the support guys, hope the insurance company are gna be nice to me ...

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
that steel wheel looks odd might just be me, but it dont even look like a renault spare. glad everyone was ok.

Oft! Not good. As said though, you did well to save it being much worse. Always been a really bad road for accidents that, i know your's is a blow out, but the amount of fatalities on the M77 (the ayrshire part) is ridiculous, esp before they upgraded it all. The Glasgow part is safe though.

Love the new bit of the 77 down past the mearns to EK...flat out!!

Now that bits a different story. Downhill after the roundabout towards mearnskirk....quality!