ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C0cking a wheel

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nothing rude! How easy is it to get a rear wheel in the air, and would you feel it happen? I'm on coilies so is suspension travel short enough?

Not something I'm going to go and attempt to find out on the roads but just wondering if I ever would have done it as was watching the TG review of the cup-packed 182 and it was tripoding quite a bit.

[YOUTUBE]tvyVnutjJYA[/YOUTUBE]

Focus RS mk1
ive done it in my 172 ph2 with apex springs and standard shocks, aslong as you have decent tyres for grip its pretty easy, i didnt really feel it tbh

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Is it is easy to do when trying or is it easily done (unintentionally) when driving quick around corners?

Got Eagle F1s and PE2s on mine. Also wondering if its likely I've done it without knowing, if as you say, you didn't really feel it.

SQ5
^^^ Looks so bad, although think I've seen it on here?

Tripoding is easy, just go into a big roundabout hard turn, brake if you really want, just have enough room to understeer into! I do it on the reg!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I did wonder about the shopping list but assumed it was somebody's car being borrowed lol

^^^ Looks so bad, although think I've seen it on here?

Tripoding is easy, just go into a big roundabout hard turn, brake if you really want, just have enough room to understeer into! I do it on the reg!

Ah right, I do have a few favourite roundabouts, wonder if I've been doing it then lol

Can you feel the difference?

SQ5
I did wonder about the shopping list but assumed it was somebody's car being borrowed lol

Ah right, I do have a few favourite roundabouts, wonder if I've been doing it then lol

Can you feel the difference?

You will feel the back end starting to come round as it loses traction. Usually going in hard and letting off will do the trick!

I'll see if I can get som videos!

ITB'd MK1
tripodding....piece of piss. I had my 1.7 diesel astra estate doing it, all the way up the slip-road onto the M1 (junction 9 north)

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
My old 1.4 used to do it a treat with -40mm and eagle F1s. Best time was on the way to trax 2004 - I was in the inside lane on the rbout cocking my rear inside while my mate was overtaking me in total control in his GTiR! Memories! Unfortunately my E55 doesn't do that! The kitcar however loves some twisted chasis action!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Tried to do mine the other day and the rear end flew round as my current rear tyres are dire!! Was fun though ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Easy to do whatever suspension set up you have, though you might not always notice it, you can feel the rear wheel hit the ground if its a quick fast lift, but you cant always feel it, all depends on road, etc

This is a small lift from me,it did raise more apparently, if i had turned tighter it would have cocked higher

20090926_kemble_86.jpg

White clique
i did it by mistake in my 182, was going around a small tight roundabout and i only knew i had done it when i heard a thud as the back wheel landed!

I reckon it would be impossible to do in my Z4, its just too long.

i did it by mistake in my 182, was going around a small tight roundabout and i only knew i had done it when i heard a thud as the back wheel landed!

I reckon it would be impossible to do in my Z4, its just too long.

I would say it's more to do with a 50:50 weight distrubtion.

The reason the inside rear lifts is good front end grip and stiff rear roll resistance, it doesn't suddenly lose traction when it lifts as that wheel is completely unloaded anyway. Normaly you can't feel it lifting "hear" it thud back down either.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
My Car on a recent wales Trip (Running Coilovers)-

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

Even My Mates Golf GTI was at it -

6253_131083595983_678550983_3038734_8347821_n.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
impressed with the Golf, though the incline will help it, what suspension is that running mate?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i've got an awesome pic on my desktop at home, i'll get it later

Dodgy one
Apparantly me just pulling into the works car park is enough for mine to c**k a wheel. One of the sales lads accused me of been a loon, I didnt realise it was off the floor B)

ibiza cupra
i was on my way to burton with my mom in her tomcat the once and she flew past me as i wernt going for it but then thought "im not having that" so shot past her and flew round round an island and my brother in my moms car said that the back wheel lifted off the ground but i didnt feel or hear it. i was chuffed with myself though lol.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheers guys. Never felt a thud/bump Tom, so maybe if I have done it its not been that high up? Might have to get a mate to check one day, rather save it for the track though.

Alan, c**king the rear wheel in a Z4 would be something else!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Just find a tight round about turn in a little later than ya normally would and it's up. Lol 182s seem to do it more than my 172 cup used to. I was showing my mate and I had my 182 on 3 wheels and sliding, on the road. Lol yeah i meant to do it ofcourse. Sniff.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It's RWD...it's not the idea...

Yeah I know, but also because as said it near 50:50 weight distribution and set up, it'd be pretty impossible if even possible at all I'd have thought, hence something else.