ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C4 + Freelander =

Bumder With A Buffer
Mucho better! :)

Before

IMAG0939.jpg

50/50 (ish)

IMAG0935.jpg

IMAG0936.jpg

And Finished

IMAG0938.jpg

IMAG0941.jpg

IMAG0940.jpg

Just got to move onto the arse end now

IMAG0937.jpg

Although I shall need another bottle to finish it off 15ml was not enough and it wasn't exactly full when I got it. IT was just abelow the top of the label. I wondered if I was overusing it to start with (being the first time I have used it) but one quick "dab" I would continue to use until it ran out IE wasn't covering anything.

IMAG0944.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
it doesn't spread quite so well on textured plastics as it does on painted panels / wheels IMO.

On that amount of plastic I don't think I would ever want to be reapplying every few weeks or months depending on product. Worth every penny when you see the difference there

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I thought this was going to be a Citroen C4 crashed into a freelander, before I saw the section and read the thread.

Great results.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you don't use it that often I wouldn't. After it's opened it's performance will diminish after a length of time. Smaller bottles are better in most cases.

Bumder With A Buffer
They reckon 2 years. I'm more inclined to think a year maximum on this car as the bumpers take a pounding due to their size.

Dave that's exactly why I finally decided on C4...got fed up applying products to it every 3-4 week's.

Ol see if this is money well spent soon enough. I did a test piece last week and it hadn't budged unlike most of the other dressings I have used.

Bumder With A Buffer
Managed to get a side on view this morning and its mental to see how faded it was before. The front was worse then the back for some reason.

IMAG0945.jpg

Now I did notice that over night where the "dew" had formed it has left water run marks down certain bits (near the corner of the lights) and also some bits seem a bit patchy. Maybe needs going over again lightly but I assure that the same amount was applied all over. Maybe that bit of the bumper had some deeper contaminants and should of been degreased rather then APC'd. Il remember that for the back end.

Can "lesser" trim dressing be applied over the top of this if needed to top up the "New look"? I suspect after a few months it will be fading again.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like it hasn't be buffed off enough mate. Common issue. I had the same thing with some new mudflaps.

Yeah you can apply trim dressing over the top if you want mate.

Bumder With A Buffer
It certainly "felt" like it was being buffed off, although its such a large area I suppose missing small bits of it are going to happen.

I thought it crystallized if it wasn't buffed off?

Proper prep I hope, Bumder? Full degrease, APC, IPA, apply?

Looks fantastic, glad you took our advissessces.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
when was it bought? do you know if it is the old or new formula? I had issues on my front grille. Was the 1st time I'd applied it and turned out I applied a little too much left too long before I buffed off the residue. Will go over it again at some point.

I sometimes use Revive over the top as I prefer the look, leaves it a nice glassy black and not quite so natural I guess. seemed to last OK considering there should have been bonding issues.

Bumder With A Buffer

Aye done as per above. I wonder if my degreasing stage was not done properly which might be why i have a few small patches im not happy with. The bumper has seen better days though.

Bumder With A Buffer
when was it bought? do you know if it is the old or new formula? I had issues on my front grille. Was the 1st time I'd applied it and turned out I applied a little too much left too long before I buffed off the residue. Will go over it again at some point.

I sometimes use Revive over the top as I prefer the look, leaves it a nice glassy black and not quite so natural I guess. seemed to last OK considering there should have been bonding issues.

Bought last week, no idea what "batch" it is from. I was doing very small sections and buffing off

No harm going over it again Richy, in the areas you're not happy with. Apart from the cost of course. Difficult with such a large area. Could almost do with doing an area, buffing, rewashing and redoing... Rob and the other chap (who's name escapes me) are very helpful. Worth emailing.

is1

Integra Type R DC2

JD, I asume APC and IPA are wiped on/off. Is it OK to use IPA wipes?
What product is used to degrease?

Thanks.

APC is all purpose cleaner, so a wash with a detailing brush to ensure all oils are removed.

IPA is a wipe on, wipe off product, yes. And wipes are OK, but I prefer spray and MF method. But haven't seen anyone state one is better, just person preference.

Bumder With A Buffer
Any citrus degreaser "should" be fine,

APC is spray on and leave to dwell for a few minutes before washing off.

IPA wipes id be a bit careful of on paintwork as they are not exactly the smoothest (the cheap ones anyway). I use them here at work and on certain surfaces they do mark.

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
recent orders will be the new formula I would have thought, which allows for longer drying times before buffing so a little easier to work with than the older formula. As side give it a good wipe down and partially re-apply. Just ensure it's left to fully dry for a good few hours before any water / moisture makes contact. Or go over it with your favourite non permanent dressing to finish off, as it will still be protecting underneath

Bumder With A Buffer
This is what I mean... (im aware I have missed the 2 bits in the corner :))

IMAG0948.jpg

I assume the below is just water mark

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0946.jpg

Aucky, re apply. It's such a small area!

Richy, looks like mist pre application. May have caused bonding issues. No harm in washing, APC/DGing/IPAing and reapplying.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Does this c5 (if it's the same) evaporate?

I had a bit left in a bottle a Jew months ago and I went back to it last night to find I had a lot less than I thought I had. Almost sure some has disappeared!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
There was some crystallisation around the cap but not a lot.

Would that be an indication of not sealing properly or is it just the fact it's been left a few months?

Both fella.

I sent my bottle up to Kev/Gally. Only about two weeks old. It arrived rock solid.

GTechniq are pretty good about it and sometimes replace batches, but at several months old you'll struggle.