ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C4 + Freelander =

Bumder With A Buffer
So with what was left in the bottle did a small section of the back and whilst it was off decided to clean/protect the spare wheel.

Wheel before

IMAG0950.jpg

Bilberry added at about 6-1 ratios..

IMAG0954.jpg

IMAG0953.jpg

Which left this

IMAG0955.jpg

Clayed then Lime Primed by hand using a German applicator (I think i used some tardis before claying as well)

IMAG0956.jpg

IMAG0961.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

Then 1 layer of Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine folowed by 2 coats of FK1000p. Seeing as though the wheel is exposed to the elements I thought id go hardcore :) (the black bits inside the wheel are damage to the coat not bits missed by me)

IMAG0962.jpg

IMAG0963.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

Then Z16 used on the tyres although I really struggled to get it to look "perfect" as the tyre is sooo old and worn. It looks slightly dirty but its just uv damage to the tyre.

IMAG0968.jpg

IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0971.jpg

IMAG0969.jpg

And Back on the car complete with the C4'd trim just under the wheel and also the handle

IMAG0973.jpg

IMAG0972.jpg

C4 on the back doesnt seem to stand out as much as id did on the front.

Also redid the front bumper and still have issues with this...despite re-degreasing etc

IMAG0974.jpg

I think I can live with that though

Bumder With A Buffer
HAd a few spare minutes so finished off tonight. For future reference if anyone ever does a Freelander with this type of Bumper you WILL NEED 30ml of C4. 15 just about does the front.

Quite impressed so far although the trim that is above the rear bumper and on the same bit as the "Freelander" badge appears a bit s**t and slightly dull already. I had issues with putting C4 on that anyways as it was almost like sandpaper for some reason. The rest of the "pitted" bumpers didnt feel like that at all.

So before

IMAG0973.jpg

After :)

IMAG0990.jpg

IMAG0986.jpg

IMAG0985.jpg

IMAG0987.jpg

HAve some staining here that will not budge, suspect its more of a scratch but I wont let it bother me too much

IMAG0988.jpg

IMAG0989.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah looks loads better, just need to find time to sort the rest of the heap, just struggle with time :(
I was going to use revive on the trims after my Wales trip next week give the C4 a chance to stay on by itself for a bit.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
So hows this different to say chemical guys 'new trim gel' stuff?

Lets be fair when all applied fresh any trim detailer will give them results?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

C4 lasts a lot longer mate. Longer than any other in fact.

Hopefully putting mine on this weekend actually.

Bumder With A Buffer

Most other trim detailers are oil based and just give a glossy look and don't last very long.

On my old Monaco and EVO I didnt mind applying a trim dressing every few weeks due to not much trim on hand, however there is soo much plastic on this It gets a bit boring apllying soo much dressing literally every week