ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cable routers - can you change then to just be routers

Polo + Micra
i've got a VM super hub and it seems to be dog s**t at routing

before i had just a VM cable modem and a dlink router which worked fine

so is there a way of setting them up so that the super hub just works as a modem and then plug the dlink router into it so that does the routing and wifi?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How long have you had the router? Are you having go reboot it a lot? Does it freeze up frequently? Quite a lot of people have experienced the same thing, and it appears to be a faulty batch of routers. Those who have had them replaced are now happy. Might be worth a call if you are having those issues.

I have seen a thread where somebody has done what you want to do, but I'll be dammed if I can find it again. I'll keep looking and post it when/if i find it.

Polo + Micra
had it about 3 weeks

i've rebooted it a few times but it seems fine now at getting on the net

it just seems to struggle at doing more than one thing at a time (streaming to music pc while the xbox is on etc)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ok, I have searched everywhere for that thread I was on about but I can't find it. Maybe I misread and that's not what the thread was about at all. Anyway, there is a firmware update on the way for the SuperHub. This will allow you to use the SuperHub as a modem only and use your own router. When is this update due? I have no idea. I saw as late as May, but it wasn't a confirmed date.

As it happens, the SuperHub is the only thing stopping me from upgrading from 10Mb to 30Mb. I have my own set-up working perfectly and don't want to be forced to use the SuperHub, as it appears to be total shite.

Polo + Micra
i was the same tbh but it was free for me so i thought it couldn't be that bad lol

looks like i'll have to search for a temp measure until the firmware is released

Polo + Micra
cheers adam

had a quick look through that and disabled the IP flood detection has helped a lot

Tesla MP3 2021
No probs.

Very good forum that as you can also log faults/issues directly with the staff who work on there :)