ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAF Fitting + Lower Grill

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Well my luck is in!!! I've finally got hold of a 2nd hand Viper today with a lower grill cut to house the anodised CAF cap.
Big thanks to Benn.
Now all to do is fit it.

Any advice on how to connect up & place the CAF safely in the bay Plus swapping the lower grills would be much appreciated. Is it a bumper off job ?
icon_smile.gif

Cheers

VRS
ant did a good guide on this if you do a search matey. ideally the bumper should come off as this gives you better access, seeing as you might as well remove the acoustic valve while the bumper is off :D

VRS
ive just had a look and i think he has removed his pics!

if you search for viper feed, cold air feed, and acoustic valve you should be able to piece together all the info for getting the job done :D

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah just been through loads of older posts this induction kit stuff is a massive minefield of this is good this is s**t etc etc !!! Is there any tried & tested method or answer to whats the best for the engine regarding induction I'm more bloody confused than when I started readng the posts. Looks as though I was ok with my ITG panel all along ??? Thoughts please people

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah just been through loads of older posts this induction kit stuff is a massive minefield of this is good this is s**t etc etc !!! Is there any tried & tested method or answer to whats the best for the engine regarding induction I'm more bloody confused than when I started readng the posts. Looks as though I was ok with my ITG panel all along ??? Thoughts please people

I have to agree....induction stuff seems to be one of teh most regular topics on here with lots of different opinions.

I just put a Green panel in mine as I wanted the car to keep it's standard appearance and the car isn't highly tuned anyway so I didn't feel that an IK was necessary.