ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caged 172 Cup

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Had the car since last summer but got the cage, buckets, and belt in this weekend. The cage is a Safety Devices 6 point item. The seats required custom fabricated subframes to get them low enough. Really happy with the result.

IMG_7885-vi.jpg

IMG_7892-vi.jpg

IMG_7904-vi.jpg

IMG_7910-vi.jpg

Needs a clean btw!

IMG_7924-vi.jpg

IMG_7926-vi.jpg

IMG_7933-vi.jpg

IMG_7943-vi.jpg

IMG_7947-vi.jpg

IMG_7942-vi.jpg

340i
Looking good!

How much were the cage and seats out of interest? As i will be going down the same route as this in a few weeks... i am currently looking at seats now

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
LOVE IT!!! :D Exactly how I would want a cup if I had one ;) Just need a new wheel now and maybe a MB Performance quick shift?

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Looking good!

How much were the cage and seats out of interest? As i will be going down the same route as this in a few weeks... i am currently looking at seats now

The cage was approx 700-800ish I think from Mark Fish. The seats I bought 2nd hand (though never used) for £350 the pair inc side mounts. I think they're about £280-300 each new inc. Vat + side mounts.

The cage is really nice and went in without any real issues. It'll also fit around any standard interior (though does make the glove box unusable.)

182 FF & 306 Rallye
That looks lovely mate.

Did you get eyelets drilled in for the lower harness mounts?

The outer lap strap eyebolts go into the original seatbelt fixing (M10 eye bolts)

The inner lap strap eyebolts mount to the floor approx 3" behind the original seat fixing points using a plate to spread load.

The crutch straps wrap around the box section of the custom subframes.

Mounting the seats and belt was a bit of a pain tbh, more difficult than fitting the cage! :(

M2 Competition
Lol, its alright i know where it all mounts mate. Just wondered if you had eyebolts in for the inners!

Where you have the excess belt hanging down after it mounts to the harness bar on the cage, roll them up and use a zip tie to hold them up... will look much neater.

looks excellent, great cage isnt it!?

Did you fit it yourself?

Any pictures of how the seats are mounted on the custom frames?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
id be happy with that! must take long to get betled in though specially if your ina rush!

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Lol, its alright i know where it all mounts mate. Just wondered if you had eyebolts in for the inners!

Where you have the excess belt hanging down after it mounts to the harness bar on the cage, roll them up and use a zip tie to hold them up... will look much neater.

Was just being specific lol!

Yeah shoulder straps will be wrapped up near the harness bar. I've not completely finished tidying the inside yet so will finish it off next weekend.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
looks excellent, great cage isnt it!?

Did you fit it yourself?

Any pictures of how the seats are mounted on the custom frames?

Yeah the cage is really nice. I had an SD cage in my 106 previously and so was keen to get another for the Clio.

Had my cousin help out and do all the welding.

Didnt take any pictures of the subframes with the seats out. We used 1" box section welded across the car and lengthways to support the sidemounts. It attaches to the sill, the transmission tunnel and lengthways to both existing cross members.

safety devices ones are sport on, will be fitting the rest of mine soon, didnt weld the plates in tho, there bolts through the floor incase i ever need to take it all out.

Chris and Batman - call mark fish and order!!

80MPG BEEZA
safety devices ones are sport on, will be fitting the rest of mine soon, didnt weld the plates in tho, there bolts through the floor incase i ever need to take it all out.

Chris and Batman - call mark fish and order!!

nah waiting to get a proper cage ;)