ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling 182 Owners...

Shhh

Had that STOP & ( (!) ) Caption again, so why the car was in the garage i asked the mechanic to check me brake fluid to see if that was the cause of it. He came back saying the fluid level was low so i went out and bought a small bottle of DOT4 brake fluid to top it up, when i open the bonnet and cant find the thingy to put it in...

I found the engine oil, engine coolant and the power steering but no braking thingy to put me fluid in.

Am i missing something, or is it combined brake & steering fluid.

Ive checked that, and that level is ok, so god knows..

Mercedes SLK350

Take your engine cover off. Brake fluid reservoir is (as you stand in front of the car) left hand side towards back of engine bay.

Its well hidden,

From the front of the car look at the back left of the engine cover. Its set right by the brake pedal and about 6 inches lower than the top of the engine cover which youll have to remove to top up the level.

D

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 20 March 2005

well my pads are not worn and i had to top mine up, alot of others have had this too

in theory you should never have to top it up...check for leaks maybe...

in theory poss not, but i have no leaks, mine only came on when going up steep hills, and round sweeping corners, so the fluid obviously moved away from the sensor, i was told that they just about put enough in at manufacture, then of course the slightest bit of wear and the fluid drops

335i M SPORT!!!!

i had the same thing

i changed the pads... everything was ok after that

[Edited by 2005_dynamique on 20 March 2005 at 10:50am]

Shhh

I have that thing.

Now, how the heck am i ment to get too the bottle.? I understand that i must remove the engine cover, but why do they put star headed bolts into it. Im not driving to halfords just to buy a start drive thingy that im never gonna use..as im a biker man...and bikes dont have them..

I could use the screwdriver, but i think ill leave it.