ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt kit pulley bolt and washer mssing!!!

clio sport 172 2001
i got a mechanic over to do a foreigner to change my cambelt on a clio 172 2001 with a brand new kit and when he removed all the tensioners and pulleys he noticed that somebody who must have had the car in the past had bodged one of the pulleys on with a cut down bolt and instead of the genuine renault washer being on they had used like 7 washers instead, i was wondering if renault wud keep these parts? any ideas wud be muchly appreciated

thanks

clio sport 172 2001
thats good then as long as i can get hold of it, do you know the proper word for the washer thing?

Lionel Richie
phs1? problem is the phs1's crossed over to the phs2 setup, difference being is in the lower ribbed idler#

got a pic of your lower idler, then i can you what you need

clio sport 172 2001
no its a phs2 and no i havent mate im not at home till 2morra so i can produce a pic for u then?

Lionel Richie
oh if its a phs2 then that's easy, both idlers are the same (well apart from one being ribbed)

upper one uses the short spacer with the domed tip, the lower ribbed one uses a longer verision of it, both held in by 16mm headed bolts (different lengths)

clio sport 172 2001
yes thats exactly right well im missin the proper bolt and the domed spacer because someone has cut down a bolt and used like 6 normal screw spacer to make up the thickness of the domed one, so can they be bought from renault then?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
sounds like it had a ph1 kit fitted to a ph2 and it's been adapted as the spacer is different

clio sport 172 2001
yea cud well be that i did give them my reg when i ordered it must of been error on their end waitin for new kit anyways now

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
i mean the previous time. a ph1 uses 1 idler different which uses a different spacer so the original one wouldn't have fitted, hence the washers used instead

clio sport 172 2001
ahhhh right i see what u mean now yea he must have done that then wondered why it was bodged on with a cut down bolt and spacers it gettin proper kit fitted tomorrow hopefully if renault can get me the spacer and bolt i need